A Couple of new C-Class Queries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charliefarley

Car
E400d estate
Hello all,

Just joined the forum (see new member introductions) as I have my first Merc on order, C220D Estate Sport (125 Ed.).

I hadn't been on the site until last night and saw a few interesting comments on other threads that mean I want to just query a couple of things...
There seem to be a few folk who have been messed around with wheels... Is there a shortage of 18"? (I have gone for the 7-spoke).
Is there a shortage of Comand units that are contributing to delays on orders? (Mine is apparently scheduled to be built wc 21st Nov).
Am I an MB 'heathen' for not getting an auto????
Can you tell the difference between metallic & flat black? I certainly couldn't from more than 1 yard.

Looking forward to January- rather fed up with my A4 Avant.... Soul-less

Cheers

Charlie

Hello!

I just got a C250 CDI sport saloon - my first Mercedes. When I ordered mine I asked for the 18" 5 twin-spoke alloys. I was told there was a supply problem with them so settled on the 18" 7 spoke. I quite like them now.

My MB dealer said a few weeks ago that new build dates on C class cars are pushing back into Jan. Partly due to high demand and supply problems app.

I had a BMW 320 in Met Black. I could tell the difference between that and the flat black - the metalic seemed to sparkle more - if you know what I mean!

All my previous cars have been manuals. This is my first auto. I went for the auto on the Mercedes because of the reputation MB have for their autos. It has taken a little adjustment (I randomly put my left foot on the brake thinking I'm changing down a gear - this was when I first got it - I'm used to it now).

My neighbour has a manual C class. When he told me he went for that it was like he was confessing a sin - so there may be something in it!

Not getting an Auto....

So do you have a stick that you have to move round? and another pedal? how odd...

on a serious note I think almost all new Mercs bar the A clas / B class would be auto. Mercedes makes some of the best automatics around. If your buying it for you rather than a lease or similar then se sale could have a knock on affect.

I'm not sure what millage you but the autos make for a smoother / less stressful journey in my book. I guess is nothing else hill starts will be fun?

:) enjoy your car

It's actually a Company lease car & 2% less CO2 rating manual over auto, and by my calculations, it would cost me about £700 more in BiK tax to have the auto over 3 years.
To be honest, I was very impressed with the standard spec and felt that I wouldn't bother speccing anything as it is simply more to pay tax on.... Guess I'm a tad tight!

Hope it doesn't get delayed, realy rather looking forward to it, and genuinely don't like my A4 S-Line Avant!

^ you must be,

My brother does 50 - 60K miles a year and could not wait to get out of a manual car and into his auto one, all be it a few quid extra as you say in tax (hardly very much over 3 years really...)

Hope you like it, post some pics.

I'm tempted with the C class as if we go down to one car its one my wife will drive also and the new ones look quite nice.

Hello all,

Just joined the forum (see new member introductions) as I have my first Merc on order, C220D Estate Sport (125 Ed.).

I hadn't been on the site until last night and saw a few interesting comments on other threads that mean I want to just query a couple of things...
There seem to be a few folk who have been messed around with wheels... Is there a shortage of 18"? (I have gone for the 7-spoke).
Is there a shortage of Comand units that are contributing to delays on orders? (Mine is apparently scheduled to be built wc 21st Nov).
Am I an MB 'heathen' for not getting an auto????
Can you tell the difference between metallic & flat black? I certainly couldn't from more than 1 yard.

Looking forward to January- rather fed up with my A4 Avant.... Soul-less

Cheers

Charlie

Hi Charlie

There has been supply issues with the 18" twin 5 spoke wheels (786) so the only 18" wheel option has been the 7 spoke. Apparently this is now easing as the car I have on order is coming with 786 wheels.

The Comand units being fitted to Ed 125 models are indeed running low, so may well be slowing up deliveries (according to my dealer)

MB manuals are much better than of old. The cars now have hill assist as standard that takes care of the hill start problems with the foot operated parking brake.

Flat v metallic - only in sunlight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom