A "Marmalade" car??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

After Shock

Car
E320 CDI 320 Estate. AMG wheels
My search for my "perfect" E class estate continues!!

I've forgotten how many cars I've browsed now. Got confused. Can't decide, etc, etc.

I saw this and I really don't know if I love it or hate it!!

Mercedes-Benz E 320 CDI Elegance Designo Silver,18"AMG Alloys,Designo Interior | eBay

It really appeals in a lot of ways but could you live with it??

Oh ... so why is it an Elegance not Advantgarde?

and Designo is??

Time to do a search on those!!

That's "Marmite".

I like Marmite, but I don't like that interior.

Last edited:
D'oh!! what was I thinking!! Maybe it's coz I HATE MARMITE!

Maybe it was specced by an older person, perhaps an antique dealer with that woodwork.

I rather like that but probably after a few days I would hate it intensely.

I really like that - I think I came across that a few years ago (well there can't be many with this spec!) when I was looking for an S211 E500.

Fantastic spec, including Distronic and I think it has keyless go too.

Love the leather, very distinctive car...

Designo is Mercedes speak for a custom paint job and interior trim. It will be Elegance spec for the softer suspension rather than the lower firmer AVANTGARDE suspension.If you can live with the David Dickinson VIBE! then fine but on a practical note I would be looking at the air suspension and SBC brake system [ if it has one] on this car. Both potentially expensive items if there are problems

What a most bizarre car, nearly top specification yet it's an elegance.

W211's just look strange with walnut, birds eye maple is much better.

grober said:
Designo is Mercedes speak for a custom paint job and interior trim. It will be Elegance spec for the softer suspension rather than the lower firmer AVANTGARDE suspension.If you can live with the David Dickinson VIBE! then fine but on a practical note I would be looking at the air suspension and SBC brake system [ if it has one] on this car. Both potentially expensive items if there are problems

Has airmatic. Sport 2 harder than sport and comfort around standard elegance. A lot to go wrong and I bet they went elegance just to add the 80s hi fi wood to match the wacky seats.

I like it, but I'd just go silver paint black inside

Options to the tune of £20k on a £35k car! Ye gads :eek: The original owner clearly liked his rinky-dinks.

Looks good and tidy though, if a little on the pricey side.

I had a Designo silver brought to my house as an approved used. Assuming it's the same colour, I was suprised to see it's like a base coat (undercoat) colour. It's beige in the flesh and I loved the car but couldn't live with the colour.

I'd suggest you have a look - the photos don't show it for what it is.

A great spec though - there are few that run mine close (he said modestly) but that one does.

Last edited:
My search for my "perfect" E class estate continues!!

I've forgotten how many cars I've browsed now. Got confused. Can't decide, etc, etc.

I saw this and I really don't know if I love it or hate it!!

Mercedes-Benz E 320 CDI Elegance Designo Silver,18"AMG Alloys,Designo Interior | eBay

It really appeals in a lot of ways but could you live with it??

Oh ... so why is it an Elegance not Advantgarde?

and Designo is??

Time to do a search on those!!

Honestly, i love that car, good looking, good colour, and a unique interior that says quality and sporty. Has all the trimming too in the way of extras, whats not to like?? An the mileage is great too for such a mile muncher as this is!!

Price wise, hmm, its about right i guess, would have to see in the flesh and then make an offer of £9500 for cash and see how they react! Worse case they won't haggle and then its up to you to walk away or buy.

At under £10k its a no brainer if you genuinely love the look inside and out!

Your doubts may be less when you are sat in it and with all the extras I would go for it .Very individual !!!
Good luck

i like it! Sunroof, wood wheel, airmatic, 4 way climate control and it breaks up what would be an otherwise boring colour scheme. My car has an all black interior with silver paint, which is pretty uninspiring, but I bought a V8 bargain! The wheels are the marmite bit of the car for me (and the sliver, unless it has the designo treatment Developer mentioned, which I'd have to see in the flesh).

I like it. That interior is very smart to me, love the colour. I think, if I was in the market for an S211, I'd look at it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom