• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

A150 Blower not working

dazza1976

Car
A150
Hi all,

New to this forum, I hope that someone can help me.

My other half owns a Mercedes A150 year of registration 2005.

For several months she had a problem with the blower only working on the highest speed. After a bit of research on the net It appeared that the problem is likely to be a faulty blower motor resistor. I didn't do anything about it at the time but now a few months later the blower has stopped working completely. So following a very useful site called Lennys homepage, I ordered a new resistor from Mercedes and successfully located and fitted it myself, but still the blower fan does not work atall on any speed ??

I proceeded to check all the fuses in the compartment located in the footwell of the drivers side, but every single fuse appears to be ok, I checked all of them because I couldn't find the guide and didn't know which one was for the blower.

The next thing I had in my mind was to try and locate the blower motor to see if voltage was going to it ok and if there was some kind of inline fuse, I'm an electrician by trade so I do have a voltage tester for that purpose. The only problem is after a good couple of hours searching I cannot find the blower motor for love or money ??!

I had a good search around under the bonnet, and pulled the carpet away in the footwell area on both sides but didn't have any luck atall.

Please can someone point me in the right direction as to where I should be looking, and what it looks like ? Any pictures available would be great.

Or any other ideas or pointers as to things I can check for this fault such as hidden fuses e.t.c

Any advice would be very much appreciated as we can't really afford taking it into a Mercedes garage at this time of year when we are trying to save for Xmas.

Many thanks in advance

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom