A207 rear window one-shot closing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2012 A207 here.

Two stage switches all around, front and back windows.
One touch opening/closing for both fronts, one touch opening only for the rears.
This is quite common on a lot of cars.
As has been mentioned it's for safety reasons so you can only one-touch close the windows you have a clear view of when driving.

Thanks guys.

Puzzling... why would they have double click switches if one-shot closing was never intended to operate?

Let you know how I get on at the dealers ...

You have two stage switches on the rears to facilitate the one-touch opening. First click is partial opening second click is one-touch full opening.

You have two stage switches on the rears to facilitate the one-touch opening. First click is partial opening second click is one-touch full opening.
Yeah but...
Why have switches for the rear windows that have a definite two clicks for both up and down, if the second click was never intended to do anything? Doesn't make sense!
The switch in the centre that operates all four windows has two clicks down, but only one click for up, so obviously that was never designed to have one touch closing. So why aren't the window switches on the drivers door and in the rear designed with only one click for up?

Yeah but...
Why have switches for the rear windows that have a definite two clicks for both up and down, if the second click was never intended to do anything? Doesn't make sense!
The switch in the centre that operates all four windows has two clicks down, but only one click for up, so obviously that was never designed to have one touch closing. So why aren't the window switches on the drivers door and in the rear designed with only one click for up?

On mine both front and rear switches for the back windows have 2 clicks up and 2 clicks down but neither has one touch closing.

Hi , with my C207 the windows with the ignition turn on the rear windows operate with on manual basis both up and down.

However , with the engine running the rear windows automatically go down but require holding the switch to close windows.

Hi , with my C207 the windows with the ignition turn on the rear windows operate with on manual basis both up and down.

However , with the engine running the rear windows automatically go down but require holding the switch to close windows.
Thats weird, on mine is doesn't make any difference, ignition on or engine running. the rears still don't have one touch up.

Make your mind up 😁

Thanks for the info ...

I'm waiting for a response from Mercedes UK customer service about this. Hopefully I'll get a clear unambiguous answer about these damn windows!

Although, I'll probably not believe it if they tell me rear one-shot up has never worked... because I know it did!:wallbash:

Thanks for the info ...

I'm waiting for a response from Mercedes UK customer service about this. Hopefully I'll get a clear unambiguous answer about these damn windows!

Although, I'll probably not believe it if they tell me rear one-shot up has never worked... because I know it did!:wallbash:
Doubt it ever did . No one else's did or has.

Hi , well I thought members were meant to help each other with passing on knowledge.

I found this out yesterday by chance !
Beggars belief . !!

Hi, I too have a 2016 A207, I can confirm you that you are 100% correct. My A207 rear windows do close with the one shot operation. I think you should consult a renowned car mechanic to get it done. Hope this helps.

We heard you the first time..
BTW your profile states you have an A class not an A207?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom