A45 AMG power loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
octainejunkee said:
Not very impressed with the MB engineers for failing to fix the fault. Not sure what to do now,, ?

Not engineers but Technicians. Says it all really!

You say the exhaust sounds louder than expected?
I wonder if it has had a mod, like cats removing etc that has thrown out other things like the mapping?

Neil

the brother had a similar problem in his rs3, out fro a drive in round the lakes and the power cut half way round a bend and completely shut the car off, he limped the car home cutting out another 2 times.

once the car got to the garage it was inspected and we was told the best technical explanation I have ever heard.... the signal from his cell phone blocked signals going from the cruise and accelerator which caused the car to shut down :doh::doh:.

after some lengthy conversation with Audi UK that the car was sold a he was awarded some comp + a large discount off a new RS4.

I once worked for an outfit that supplied equipment to the navy and had to park my car near ships in Portsmouth harbour. When coming back one afternoon the car point blank refused to start. Then I noticed a very large radar under test behind it, as soon as it stopped, car was fine.

Did you end up getting a result? Mine is sounding very similar.....

what happened after all? Is it fixed ?
Update for you guys,,
Collected the car having had countless parts inspected and replaced, ecu, flywheel, sensors etc etc, drove the car for 20 miles only to have the same fault reappear:fail

Not very impressed with the MB engineers for failing to fix the fault.

Not sure what to do now,, ?

what happened after all? Is it fixed ?
New wiring loom sorted it
, Mercedes Benz Crawley charged 1200 for all the work and provided a courtesy car so although it took them a while I'm glad it went to them to be sorted..

Hi,
You need to formally reject the car and demand a full refund or replacement.
The car is clearly not fit for purpose and obviously had a serious fault before you bought it (consumer law is on your side - as the fault occurred so soon after you bought it).
You should end up with your money back or maybe a better car "as compensation" for the trouble you have been caused.
You will need to be firm but polite - as dealers and MB UK hate cars being rejected - but your story so far indicates that you have a very clear case.
Cheers
Steve

I realise an old thread but he bought the car privately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom