• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

ABC Malfunction

maha

Car
Suzuki Alto
Ahhh i got the bloody ABC malfunction message last night. It was in orange, apparently the red one means you cant drive the car.

Drove it straight to the trusted indy lets see what they say.

What i wanted to know about ABC is how unreliable is compared to airmatic?

Abc is a much more complicated system than airmatic

thanks for the guide but the message abc malfunction in orange with no drive carefully message is mentioned here.

Never seen it it orange before!!

yeah it was in orange and sas ABC Malfunction and that was it notihng in the message about workshop or drive carefully or stop driving

So why does it say ABC malfunction?

Last edited:
so strange the wikipedia says airmatic but that troubleshooting guide says the S500 has ABC. Nobody has ever seen an orange message and if it is airmatic why does it say ABC. So wiered see what mechanic says

Have you got a button next to your gearshift where you can raise and lower the car?
If not, it seems you do have ABC contrary to everything I've read:ban:
Sorry if I have given wrong info:doh:

I think ABC was standard on the AMG models and an option on the others.

Have you got a button next to your gearshift where you can raise and lower the car?
If not, it seems you do have ABC contrary to everything I've read:ban:
Sorry if I have given wrong info:doh:

Oh dont worry its not your fault, thanks for trying to help in the first place. I am just cant find for the life of me anything about the orange abc message. Not sure about the setting near the gearbox, car is at dealer so need to check

I had a CL500 that showed ABC malfunction, can't remember if it was orange..think it was as the next level was red with 'too low' messages and 'do not drive'. The orange messages came and went for a while until the dreaded wallet opening red messages started....the issue should show up on the diagnostics I would imagine...

Good luck with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom