• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Adblue delete

It's a free top up on service care plan's..

That's enough for most drivers..
The tank holds 25 litres IIRC, so if full will usually last between services. Only adding 10 litres will mean that, at some point, a top-up between services will be required. So not enough if you think it should last between services, which is presumably what the tank is sized for.

The tank holds 25 litres IIRC, so if full will usually last between services. Only adding 10 litres will mean that, at some point, a top-up between services will be required. So not enough if you think it should last between services, which is presumably what the tank is sized for.
Yes for the minority who do the mileage but majority of drivers don't do the mileage to be going through 25l of adblue..

Some use shed loads of Adblue. Some use hardly any. My X350 drinks it. Some customers go between services without topping up. I have no idea why this happens. I just know its a awful, flawed system and should be scrapped. It simply doesn't work properly in the environment that its in.

On my soap box....

Adblue is on cars to reduce emissions. But, the systems fail so often that it doesn't seem very efficient at all. Parts have to be produced in the first place and then again, and then again. Eventually a replacement part will arrive at my workshop in Horndean after traveling many miles to get here.

Some use shed loads of Adblue. Some use hardly any. My X350 drinks it. Some customers go between services without topping up. I have no idea why this happens. I just know its a awful, flawed system and should be scrapped. It simply doesn't work properly in the environment that its in.

On my soap box....

Adblue is on cars to reduce emissions. But, the systems fail so often that it doesn't seem very efficient at all. Parts have to be produced in the first place and then again, and then again. Eventually a replacement part will arrive at my workshop in Horndean after traveling many miles to get here.
Well said.
And the irony is that because the system is so unreliable and stupidly expensive to fix many owners delete the system - whilst giving a single finger to the clean air zones and still benefitting from the low VED on the pre 2017 cars.
I'll avoid the problem by not buying a car with adblue; simples.
I heard that part of the reason that the parts are so expensive is because the inventor of the system collects a royalty on every part sold - not sure if it is true or not.

Well said.
And the irony is that because the system is so unreliable and stupidly expensive to fix many owners delete the system - whilst giving a single finger to the clean air zones and still benefitting from the low VED on the pre 2017 cars.
I'll avoid the problem by not buying a car with adblue; simples.
I heard that part of the reason that the parts are so expensive is because the inventor of the system collects a royalty on every part sold - not sure if it is true or not.
VED is lower AFTER 2017....not before....just £180.....sure you have got to pay the luxury car tax for the first five years if it cost most than £40k new at £390 extra....but many are already past that....and it will be cheaper, VED wise, in the long run, to tax a later one

VED is lower AFTER 2017....not before....just £180.....sure you have got to pay the luxury car tax for the first five years if it cost most than £40k new at £390 extra....but many are already past that....and it will be cheaper, VED wise, in the long run, to tax a later one
My 2013 B180 is £35 per year.

Of course it depends on the car.....but most cars with any sort of performance would be well over the £180 VED Mark....my 170 horse ALFA has £200 VED. Lots of high performance Mercs that were nearly £700 when registered before 2017 went down to £180 after!

Some car models straddle the line between £30 and £180, sometimes just having the Sport trim with larger wheels and wider tyres is sufficient to propel the CO2 emissions up one tax band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom