Adding Memory Seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
I pick up the (R129) SL 320 later this week and whilst its a great looking car it only has electric front seats rather than memory seats. The seats are heated -if that makes any difference.

Is it feasible to retro fit the memory bit? even if just on the drivers side . I imagine I'd need a memory facilty for the door mirrors as well. Anyone got a howto and parts list ?

I'm also thinking of adding a brabus steering wheel - would I be able to use the existing airbag ? Is fitting the steering wheel & Airbag a DIY job ?

steve_bcs said:
I pick up the (R129) SL 320 later this week and whilst its a great looking car it only has electric front seats rather than memory seats. The seats are heated -if that makes any difference.

Is it feasible to retro fit the memory bit? even if just on the drivers side . I imagine I'd need a memory facilty for the door mirrors as well. Anyone got a howto and parts list ?

I'm also thinking of adding a brabus steering wheel - would I be able to use the existing airbag ? Is fitting the steering wheel & Airbag a DIY job ?

I am interested in knowing how this one turns out. If you do it please make a how to.

From what I can tell the minimum setup is a new controller in the door and a memory seat base. I wouldnt know that for certain.

memory driver seat...you need:
- different door switch
- different control unit under the seat
- different wiring harness to that control unit
- different control unit in the driverside door
- possible different mirror adjustment motors if you like to add that memory feature as well
- then you also need a different control unit in the pass side door
- and different wiring inside both mirrors as the memory motors need 4 more wires

...and probably some more small stuff...

greetingz,

Hi Steve

Do you sell a kit of parts for just the drivers seat memory upgrade ? if so , please email me with prices . thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom