Adrian flux

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had my quotation last week for the next year. £2700.
Straight on the phone to them and spoke to an amazing lady who got it down to £1000.
That’s going above and beyond. Just need to know where to send her a big bunch of flowers.

Maybe back to their old tricks of changing something with the underwriter that is somewhat stretching the truth and not telling the policy holder they have done it. I would be making sure that I got a copy of all of the details they have used to create the policy, given their dubious history.

Maybe back to their old tricks of changing something with the underwriter that is somewhat stretching the truth and not telling the policy holder they have done it. I would be making sure that I got a copy of all of the details they have used to create the policy, given their dubious history.

Yes, I've had that before, took a few hundred off the quote on the phone to price match and a few days later the documents came through the post with a lot of changes, which even excluded windscreen cover!

Perhaps an undeclared incident (regardless of fault) in the last 3 years or recent address change that doesn’t match your credit history. If you are paying monthly it could also be related to your credit score.

Never been involved in an incident etc since 2008 when I was carjacked so definitely not that (oddly enough that car was insured through Adrian Flux at the time). Credit score couldn't be any better given I have zero debt apart from a few mortgages, these have never affected anything else insurance wise....

It doesn't necessarily mean that you are dodgy.

true, I've emailed an address they supplied to give me some additional info as to why, useless really as i've had to insure it elsewhere now, intrigued as to why more than anything.

Reactions: 219
Never been involved in an incident etc since 2008 when I was carjacked so definitely not that (oddly enough that car was insured through Adrian Flux at the time). Credit score couldn't be any better given I have zero debt apart from a few mortgages, these have never affected anything else insurance wise....

true, I've emailed an address they supplied to give me some additional info as to why, useless really as i've had to insure it elsewhere now, intrigued as to why more than anything.
Actually a lack of credit can lower your credit score, however, I’d be surprised if that was the problem as they could have offered the cover on an annual premium.

Credit club at MoneySaving Expert is a good one to sign up to. Credit Club - Login

They don't try to manipulate the score like the commercial ones aiming to sell you additional services.

It is a given, an immutable fact of life, that punters too lazy or stupid to shop around EVERY RENEWAL for EVERYTHING will be screwed by their current supplier on renewal. This has been known for at least the last decade so I'm surprised to constantly see these threads here. My cat is aware of this.

Money Saving Expert: Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more
I normally wait for the renewal quote to come in , if reasonable I let it auto renew , if significantly more than the previous year then I shop around .
For the last 5 years or so I’ve stayed with Privilege since the premium has remained around the £200 mark for the SL , fully comp with business use and two non fault information only incidents declared ( run into back of stopping for red traffic lights on two separate occasions, no damage done either time ) .

The 190 has been with AF for the last 2 or 3 years , since I modified the car by fitting the bigger engine and the choice of insurers who cover such things is more limited , has remained a little over the £200 mark ( ironically more than the SL , but no doubt due to claim stats for the different models ) , versus the £100 or so I was paying before the engine swap .
I will shop around in a couple of weeks when looking to insure the S Class though ; will try Aviva as past experience is they give good deals for years 1 and 2 and Jack it on year 3 , but if you then switch to RAC ( same company ) you get the good deal again .

I use AF for the classic policy on the MGB. Premium is so low it’s not really worth shopping around, and I’ve got an agreed value on it.

Was an on and off customer for years but wouldn’t go back...this year they sent my renewal at £50 up on last year (not much but £440 to £490 is a jump for an extra years clean driving?). Checked a few other reputable and not even performance places and was at the £260 mark. In fairness they magically matched it so I stayed for lack of hassle...

Went for the cls and dline were quoting in the high £5-600 range which was fair (went elsewhere that were comparable but cheaper) - AF, I quote, “for loyalty” could change my insurance over (after only 6 weeks) for just an £830 extra payment :eek:

Nope

Have had the 968 insured for many years with ClassicLine, but was eventually persuaded this year to switch to AF - but their aggreeive sales technique nearly had me put the phone down numerous times! The phone call was like a dutch auction - with them saying something like "how low do I need to go to persuade you to insure with us??" Having had exceelent service from classicline, especially when I had a plonker moment last August that ended in a £2800 repair under accidental damage (put the nose of the 968 over a kerb then reversed off, boogered the front PU (bumper at al) and undertray, CL and the insurer were superb. So far touch wood had no reason to claim from AF, but not sure I'll renew with them next year even though they appeared about £75 cheaper than CL (30%) as the service I had from CL was so superb.

All I'll say about AF is, if you change your car, scrutinise the paperwork from AF with a fine toothcomb.
Didn't happen to me, but a family member and he was stopped by the police and found to be uninsured because of a clerical error made by AFdespite being told the Reg mark.

A long story short, he was fined and had 6pts on his licence due to an error made by AF that they wouldn't admit, despite "all calls are recorded for training purposes" cobblers.
To rub it in, despite being uninsured, AF refused to refund the premium's paid (he paid monthly)
Since then, I refuse to consider them.

Been with AF for 12 years on a couple of 50's American cars cars. Renewed one recently relatively easily. 2 weeks later got a letter asking me to contact them about renewing the other. Got the "we're having trouble with your address" routine. Old policy, same car never had a problem before.( 25 years ago the house had a name and number - dropped the name and just used the number). "If we use the house name the premium is £200, if we use the number it's £300. Which do you want?" Err I'll take the £200 one please. "OK just a couple of questions. Is the car an import?" It's an original American car. "yes but is it imported?". It was made in America (nearly burst into Laurie Anderson mode) so yes probably. "Is it left hand drive?" It's an original American car. "yes but is it left hand drive?". Er yes.:rolleyes: . Very very pleasant call centre girl but you do wonder.
After all that they still send renewal through, without the house name.

I'm with them, very disappointed that as a club recommended company, they don't do anything favourable for members.

For performance cars ive always used Keith Michaels Plc, i insured a skyline with them for 9 years, best prices on the planet

I have been with Adrian Flux for too many years with 4 cars, and this year was the only time they never came close to being competitive on one of my cars, and have now switched to AXA who were less than a third of their price.

Just had my quote in from Adrian Flux for an old land rover we laid up 4 years ago, as only used on private fields, so just fire and theft cover, which has increased by 17%. So will need to start making calls.... Would be nice that they don't try it on with renewals and give their best price first :rolleyes:

Had my House Insurance renewal quote and that had gone up by 17% as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom