• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Air bag off and SRS light on

SCC29

Car
ML 270 cdi
Hi, just had a new battery, new fuse on + terminal, but since doing this, 'air bag off' and SRS light on continuously! Is this because of the battery change, or am i unfortunate enough to have issues 2 weeks before MOT??
Thanks

Try starting the car and turning the steering wheel from lock to lock a couple of times.

I had the same thing in my 190E last week .

I had been putting in some wiring for my audio system , which involved removing the rear seat , front passenger seat and nearside carpets to run cables from the boot to the front of the car .

With everything built back up , I had the SRS light staying on . I ignored it as I needed to go out , while I turned over in my mind what I could possibly have disturbed - knowing the SRS control unit is under the footplate in the passenger footwell .

However , it tends to be true that if there is a simple cause for a fault , that will generally be what it is . Then it occurred to me that I hadn't plugged the cable for the passenger seat occupancy sensor back in when I replaced the seat . Reached under , plugged it in - fault cleared :)

Odd thing is , there is an occupancy sensor in the passenger seat , but the car only has a drivers' side airbag !

Try starting the car and turning the steering wheel from lock to lock a couple of times.

Yes, a Mercedes Indie told me to do that if I was to disconnect the battery in an attempt to get rid of the code. He said 3 times on each lock.

Stuart

I have tried the turning lock to lock thing but no good thanks tho ;(

I think the SRS light can only be cleared by STAR.....the ESP light goes out with the lock to lock thing! SRS is a safety feature so won't clear without being plugged in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom