• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

ALFAitalia's new Captain Kirk!

ALFAitalia

MB Enthusiast
Car
2010 Mercedes W212 E Class E350 CDI Sport, 2006 Mercedes W169 A Class A170.
Just a few pics I snapped on my way out of the house today....more to follow after a proper clean. I said I would not buy another derv.... but they are so much cheaper than the petrol I could not resist. It does not sound or drive much like an oil burner either! It's an E350 CDI Sport 2010 model with 96000 on the clock. She's pretty tidy with just a small ding on the rear bumper to sort...I wanted a fairly basic spec with no suspension airbags or radar to worry about. Love the colour.... depending on the light it can look grey, silver or blue! And most importantly, no coalmine black interior....well except the head lining and i can live with that! Air con could be better so that's being done tomorrow.... but other than that everything is good. Will let you know how she goes. And before anyone says anything the 3 AMG badges will be gone tomorrow. Even though it has AMG body kit, wheels, steering wheel etc etc....its NOT an AMG! I must have grabbed the centre consul about 5 times driving it home....got to get used to that column mounted drive selector!
And no....Im not sure about the grill either. Might be swapped for another black one....but in the stock style. Plenty cheap on Ebay and Im sure someone might want mine.
1000010982.jpg
1000010983.jpg
1000010981.jpg
1000010980.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. The grille spoils it somewhat, but as you say it's easily rectified.

I had a 2011 265bhp E350 CDI in Elegance trim and it was a great example of refined performance with good economy.

Enjoy it!

Great choice there ALFAitalia, nice colour too lovely smooth V6 Diesel only pain i had was when it came to changing the fuel filter by far too much to remove to get it out but apart from that great all round car Enjoy

Last edited:
I had a 2011 265bhp E350 CDI in Elegance trim and it was a great example of refined performance with good economy.
AFAIK mine is only 231 horses....however it seems quite easy to get close to 300 with a map or box.....whether I can be bothered or not? Probably not!

AFAIK mine is only 231 horses
It will be, but in fairness they don't lack performance in that guise either. Probably the bigger difference with the 265 version was the change to the 7G+ gearbox that improved fuel economy.

Whichever engine version, the W212 350CDI is a great example of Mercedes doing what they do best.

Not very Alfa like, are you going to still be an Alfa/Merc household? Nice colour and interior, is it euro5 or 6?

Not very Alfa like,,,,
Fwiw, it strikes me (based solely on the general demeanour of his posts) that Mr A' is far too much of a pragmatist to allow any vanity or bigotry preclude him from "treating himself to a good deal" ..
Obviously I'm not wishing to put words into his mouth, and may stand corrected when he's next about...

Euro 5 but ULEZ compliant. No ALFAs in the house any more. Back to being a two Merc house E Class and A Class.
I'd have loved another ALFA .... but they don't make anything big enough except the Stelvio.... and I would rather stick pins in my know than ever drive an SUV! I'd have to go back to a 166 to get a big enough saloon and they are old tech now that they stopped building in 2007.
1000010996.jpg

Just a few pics I snapped on my way out of the house today....more to follow after a proper clean. I said I would not buy another derv.... but they are so much cheaper than the petrol I could not resist. It does not sound or drive much like an oil burner either! It's an E350 CDI Sport 2010 model with 96000 on the clock. She's pretty tidy with just a small ding on the rear bumper to sort...I wanted a fairly basic spec with no suspension airbags or radar to worry about. Love the colour.... depending on the light it can look grey, silver or blue! And most importantly, no coalmine black interior....well except the head lining and i can live with that! Air con could be better so that's being done tomorrow.... but other than that everything is good. Will let you know how she goes. And before anyone says anything the 3 AMG badges will be gone tomorrow. Even though it has AMG body kit, wheels, steering wheel etc etc....its NOT an AMG! I must have grabbed the centre consul about 5 times driving it home....got to get used to that column mounted drive selector!
And no....Im not sure about the grill either. Might be swapped for another black one....but in the stock style. Plenty cheap on Ebay and Im sure someone might want mine.
View attachment 161780
View attachment 161781
View attachment 161782
View attachment 161783
Congratulations! Nice car, I love a light interior too. I think I would replace the grille before worrying about badges, that simple change will make a big difference IMHO. Enjoy 👍🏻

Looks a nice buy. Well done, especially on the lighter interior.
Got to agree on the grille. It needs to go.

Congratulations on your new car……….I love the colour……….it’s almost a shiny version of an airfix kit…….or a darker version of Nardo………I love it, great choice.
It’s good to see you went for a light interior too.

I have to agree with some of the others, that grille has to go……….and I would also consider opting for non black wheels………..all IMO of course.

Black, grey or silver?.......what an exciting choice........ZZZZZZZ........
I guess you changed your mind……….!!!

Euro 5 but ULEZ compliant. No ALFAs in the house any more. Back to being a two Merc house E Class and A Class.
I'd have loved another ALFA .... but they don't make anything big enough except the Stelvio.... and I would rather stick pins in my know than ever drive an SUV! I'd have to go back to a 166 to get a big enough saloon and they are old tech now that they stopped building in 2007.
View attachment 161811
Euro 5 but ULEZ compliant? So it’s good in London then??

View attachment 161811
A 166 is a lovely thing, I have one

Attachments

• 27F859B6-F998-4DE4-B467-D6BD13C3BF94.jpeg
    27F859B6-F998-4DE4-B467-D6BD13C3BF94.jpeg
    457.5 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom