• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

ALFAitalia's new Captain Kirk!

Not quite sure why you need a new V5.....
The V5 came automatically after I uploaded the evidence of Euro4 compliance to the CAZ website.

I guess it’s because some places looked only at the Euro rating on the V5 when setting up their databases (Bristol and Birmingham), and others looked at the emissions figures. Of course, by submitting evidence to CAZ you are superseding what they found on the V5, but it doesn’t hurt to have it correct on the V5. And if your emissions values are within the Euro6 thresholds, that should make it Euro6.

. And if your emissions values are within the Euro6 thresholds, that should make it Euro6.
Not really.... there is rather more to being Euro 6 than just meeting ULEZ levels on NOX and particulates.... but that's all ULEZ zones care about. My car will always be Euro 5 on its type approval and that can't be changed.

Agreed. But I didn't say that meeting ULEZ levels was sufficient to make it Euro 6.

According to wikipedia, if your car is Euro 5 and meets the NOx and PM levels for Euro 6 (which is what ULEZ requires), then the only other thing preventing it being classified as Euro 6 would be the HC+NOx level: Euro 5 = 0.230, Euro 6 = 0.170.

Does your V5 list the HC+NOx level?

Agreed. But I didn't say that meeting ULEZ levels was sufficient to make it Euro 6.

According to wikipedia, if your car is Euro 5 and meets the NOx and PM levels for Euro 6 (which is what ULEZ requires), then the only other thing preventing it being classified as Euro 6 would be the HC+NOx level: Euro 5 = 0.230, Euro 6 = 0.170.

Does your V5 list the HC+NOx level?
I’m thinking it fulfills the criteria but because it’s Euro 5 it won’t work in London. The cameras will tag it because it’s Euro 5

I reckon you’ll get fined but it’ll be up to you to prove them wrong and you’ll then win.

There are loads if E3 petrol and E5 and E4 dervs that are ULEZ compliant..... several owners on this very forum. Some had to get their classification changed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom