• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Amber warning light - Code reader

grimupnorth

Car
C207
An amber engine light came on my 2016 E350d last night. The car seemed fine, but then got a slight lack of power for a second accelerating, bit like a mis-fire. The car is hardly being used at the moment so planning to wait until next month when it goes in for it's service. In the meantime any recommendations for a good code scanner, but not expensive.

iCarsoft are very good. They do a wide range varying from single make of vehicle to covering most of them, naturally the more they do the more they cost. I'm not sure if there's currently a Forum group buy (much cheaper!) but my CRPro has already paid for itself with diagnosing a fault with Mrs. Stratman's Hyundai.

However, it looks like the UK supplier might be having supply problems as most models seemt to be sold out. I do also have an old Launch CReader vi, which works very well. CReader on ebay

The CReader even does something which the icarsoft doesn't, namely identify the vehicle when plugged in. I have to tell the iCarsoft the precise model and year, the CReader does this automatically.

Last edited:
I have the Launch OBD2 Code Reader CR319 that I bought from Amazon a few years ago. It’s about £30 now. It’s been excellent for telling me what’s caused the EML to come on and cancelling the code when it’s not something that needs to be dealt with straight away.

I recently bought a new iCarSoft MB V2.0 for £126, and I am happy with what it can do on my C204.

i just got the best seller one on amazon, does its job

I recently bought a new iCarSoft MB V2.0 for £126, and I am happy with what it can do on my C204.
Hi Bud. You couldn't have a look to see if 2016 Mercedes Vito W447 116CDi is on the list & what it can do? They seem to say Merc,Smart & Sprinter ! Thanks Tones

@FlorinM. Hey I am sorry this is a tad off topic but I am at a complete loss how to fix my Icarsoft MB v2.0. the same one you have in the picture above. I have used it a a lot and it worked great for some troubleshooting and small to medium repairs on my C204. After I used it 3 weeks ago I decided to update it as you do time to time with devices BIG MISTAKE. I followed the instructions exactly and downloaded the correct software from the official website. Its was all fine and as expected until after the update finished and it restarted the unit now I only get a start screen then a white screen with some blinking black lines both when its on the CANBUS and on my PC. Naturally I looked all over the internet and found a process to format the SD card and re install the software which produced the same result, so I emailed the support but with no response after 2 weeks I called with no answer. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a copy of and older version of the software from someone and see if that works. Kind regards Alex

This happened to me . The tech help from icarsoft is rubbish., finally I got an email from Lilly Bong which said we know there is a problem, just keep trying to update. After several weeks it did update and restore the operating software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom