AMG’s in Picture.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Happy new AMG day, to me! Well, Saturday was, when I finally got my hands on my new C63S. I've come to this car from a much loved late-2014 C63 507 coupe. After something of an internal battle with myself on letting the 507 go, all worries were dispelled when I finally laid eyes on the C63S and got to drive it home. The next 1,000miles are going to be painful, as I adhere (somewhat!) to the running in requirements, but despite the enforced go-slow, I'm already smitten.

Spec wise, it's something like this: 2019 Facelift, Selenite Grey, Premium Plus, Aero Pack, 19/20 inch Forged Wheels, Track Pace, Heads Up Display, ParkPilot & 360 Camera, Illuminated Sills, Interior Lighting Pack, AMG Performance Shell Seats (Black Leather with White Inserts), Black Ash Trim, Burnmeister Surround, IC Display, Keyless... and a whole bunch of other stuff! Loving it so far, I'm sure I will even more once I can open it up full, post mandatory diff oil service.
2019-05-25 - AMG C63S - 6.jpg 2019-05-28 - AMG C63S - 1.jpg 2019-05-28 - AMG C63S - 3.jpg

Last edited:
Happy new AMG day, to me! Well, Saturday was, when I finally got my hands on my new C63S. I've come to this car from a much loved late-2014 C63 507 coupe. After something of an internal battle with myself on letting the 507 go, all worries were dispelled when I finally laid eyes on the C63S and got to drive it home. The next 1,000miles are going to be painful, as I adhere (somewhat!) to the running in requirements, but despite the enforced go-slow, I'm already smitten.

Spec wise, it's something like this: 2019 Facelift, Selenite Grey, Premium Plus, Aero Pack, 19/20 inch Forged Wheels, Track Pace, Heads Up Display, ParkPilot & 360 Camera, Illuminated Sills, Interior Lighting Pack, AMG Performance Shell Seats (Black Leather with White Inserts), Black Ash Trim, Burnmeister Surround, IC Display, Keyless... and a whole bunch of other stuff! Loving it so far, I'm sure I will even more once I can open it up full, post mandatory diff oil service.
View attachment 86469 View attachment 86470 View attachment 86471

Well chosen sir, that’s more or less what I keep coming up with on the MB Configurator. IMHO those are the nicest wheels for the C63. If you’re missing the 507 you could add the bottom stripes from the C63S Edition 1 :thumb:

Well chosen sir, that’s more or less what I keep coming up with on the MB Configurator. IMHO those are the nicest wheels for the C63. If you’re missing the 507 you could add the bottom stripes from the C63S Edition 1 :thumb:

Thanks! I'm surprised there's not more C63s out there with the aero kit, it makes a big difference to the car, IMO. Spec wise, I wasn't a fan of the interior carbon trim or active lane keep, so left those out. Otherwise, yes, plenty of option boxes ticked to make it a car I think I'll love for years to come.

Interesting comment on the stripes..... Yes, I did really like them on my 507 and I think the Ed1 looks great, so that could be a good shout. Is there anywhere online selling them?

Thanks! I'm surprised there's not more C63s out there with the aero kit, it makes a big difference to the car, IMO. Spec wise, I wasn't a fan of the interior carbon trim or active lane keep, so left those out. Otherwise, yes, plenty of option boxes ticked to make it a car I think I'll love for years to come.

Interesting comment on the stripes..... Yes, I did really like them on my 507 and I think the Ed1 looks great, so that could be a good shout. Is there anywhere online selling them?

It frustrates me that MB don’t offer dash and door trim to match the centre console on the coupe, I believe they do on the saloon.

I’d imagine you could get the Edition 1 stripes online somewhere. I think a full set from MB is over £800. I’m sure some of the wrapping companies can do them much cheaper. I saw a thread, on AMG PL I think, of a guy who got Yanimize to do a gloss black set for a Selanite grey Edition 1 car as he didn’t like the Matt ones. The lower stripes would look good IMO.:thumb:

View attachment 86469 View attachment 86470 View attachment 86471

Car looks great. Have they not ditched the diff oil change now?

Had my diff oil change two weeks ago in Dorchester MB. They said the cars with the sticker on the windshield or if you have a letter to say you need one. All done FOC !

Please don't put stripes on your car :(, it looks great just as it is :D.

Car looks great. Have they not ditched the diff oil change now?

Sadly not. I was quite surprised to hear that an electronic diff needs to be oil changed - I'm not clear whether the running in period is specifically for the diff only or the engine itself and the diff oil change is then coincidental.

Picked up the re-trimmed wheel. Subtle customisation to tie in the interior colour theme
2d7763db695215613d028b6c24dead0d.jpg
8ae5268b2f20caa6c47a017565074ef9.jpg
79e45bd2d9d197be26ceb790247de5f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Love the car. Very jealous of facelift interior spec. Not so keen on the wheel, but will happily take your old one of your hands and see if it fits a 2018! ;)

Had my diff oil change two weeks ago in Dorchester MB. They said the cars with the sticker on the windshield or if you have a letter to say you need one. All done FOC !

Had my July 2018 done also free of charge but when I bought it they told me it was not required and they were phasing it out. Mine had a sticker so pointed this out and they did it willingly foc but were advising it shouldn’t need it! Very confusing!

Sadly not. I was quite surprised to hear that an electronic diff needs to be oil changed - I'm not clear whether the running in period is specifically for the diff only or the engine itself and the diff oil change is then coincidental.

Very strange. I’d be getting second opinion. Any advisory stickers on screen? This said as long as free no harm I guess!

That carbon trimmed wheel looks well!

Its throughly annoying that the all Dynamica or Carbon/Dynamica steering wheels are not available as UK options in the C63s. If you look at the MBUSA configurator website they are around $500-700 respectively.

Someone is flogging OEM ones on eBay for about £3.5K!!!

It’s not just the steering wheel options they get in the USA , lots of different leather options too :( Are the USA cars built over there or in Germany?

https://www.mercedes-amg.com/conten...s_dealer-0ZMN/06 07 2019_MY20 C-Coupe DOG.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom