• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

AMG 8 - POT Calipers!....PADS?????

StuartBJ

I have recently aquired some fairly new, 8 POT Silver AMG calipers i`m told fit an SL55AMG or SLR. Does anyone know what the pads should look like? as in......... 2 pads/ caliper or 4 pads/ caliper. When a local parts garage got some in for me (£70), there were 4 pads, 2 being smaller, definatly not enough for both calipers. Very confusing as the EBC website sujests that there should be 2/ caliper, similar to an E55.

Any suggestions???

All the best

Stuart

Thanks, Do you have one for the Mclaren SLR??? That way I can check if the pad is the shame shape??? did merc only use one typ of 8 pot brembo? I guess I just didn`t put them in correctly!

Last edited:
Theres no INFO available on line for Mclaren SLR parts as far as I know since their parts/maintenance would probably be Mclaren factory based rather than MB dealer. They may use the same parts bin as AMG but I would be surprised if they were exactly the same. I thought the SLR'S had ceramic brakes? http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cf...edes/mercedes-benz-slr-mclaren-the-technology
Other folks may know better sorry.

Last edited:
Sorry for sounding a bit dense here but what exactly are you wanting to find on the SLR?

A diagram showing the shape of the pads?

amg??

Heres a pic of the SLR ceramic front discs certainly look like the AMG 8 pots caliper??

Last edited:
yeah, i have a set of un identified amg 8 pots, and i am unsure as to hpw/which pads fit! i suspect the slr caliper is the same with different ceramic discs and pad material. I basically had a set of 4 pads which look like the right shape as to match the diagram in the link abbove but could see for the life of me how they fit, and neither could the parts dealer for that matter! All that is certain is the calipers are 8 pot, from amg. Look fairly new. Suspected to come off a sl55AMG 5.4 04-, which i think is the same as the 8 pots used on E55amg, M275amg and such like.

Last edited:
AMG use a standard caliper set they have a few they pick from and spec each model with one from the pile.

The SLR uses its own customs with a ventilation setup going on also.

What part numbers do you have?

On the caliper body is 20.7919.00

On the bracket is:19.7661.04 2A

on the front of the caliper (small size stamp)
it says 2D18

That make sense?

Many Thanks

Stuart

Last edited:
No mate sorry

Do you have a pic of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom