AMG A35 Owners Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One thing , I put mine into sport plus but am running it in so not above 4500 revs but I’m not hearing the pops and bangs, is this because it’s not high enough on the revs to start with?

Sorry guys just one other thing. I take it there's no such thing as leaving the DCT 'in gear' so its in neutral when starting and when turning the engine off ? In the manual it will jump forward, I assume there's no such thing in the DCT?
The engine will only start if the gearbox is in Neutral or Park. If you turn the car off still in Drive it will prompt on screen to shift to D or P before it will start again. In other words it's idiot proof.

One thing , I put mine into sport plus but am running it in so not above 4500 revs but I’m not hearing the pops and bangs, is this because it’s not high enough on the revs to start with?
Are you always driving in Manual under Sport+? If not you haven't got good control of the gearbox to avoid going over 4,500rpm...

You will get more pops and bangs with higher revs and more aggressive use of the throttle, so I'd expect you to get little to none whilst driving it steadily running it in. It's just contrived farting anyway...

Sport+ in manual mode when changing down to around 4K mine pops and bangs.

Thanks I’m taking it very easy as this may be a keeper so I’m running it in as per book and what dealer said. Am making sure no revs above 4500 and up to that mark in various gears.

Coming from the S3 it had a wet clutch, so from reading this the A35 has a dry clutch.

Most of the time I just left my in drive when stationary in traffic, unless the traffic was perticularly bad then I would drop it into neutral.

I presume this will be the same for the A35. I also can’t recall any information from the Audi dealer regarding running in the S3, it’s seems the advice here is go easy for the first 1k.

If that’s the advice I’ll obviously be sticking to it, just never seen that before on previous cars.

Yeah I've never seen that before I though modern engines were run in from the factory ?

Also wonder who does these labels - last time I looked 1,000 miles was 1,600 km :)

They are run in at factory the dealer said but they still say in handbook and on windscreen sticker 1000 miles - 4500 revs and / or 85 mph tops.

Anyone here on the AMG A35 Owners group on Facebook ? Some useful info and a bit of banter on there so well recommended - oh, and a few car pics coming through too !!

I’m going to the track thingy on the 10th April at 11am, cannot wait!

Just had a call from Mercedes to say I am invited to a complementary AMG track day as the purchaser of a new AMG.

That should be fun

Indeed it should be! As of the start of this year, purchasers of new 35, 43 and 53 AMG's are now also entitled to a complimentary AMG Owners Programme training session at M-B World at Brooklands - 45, 63 and 65 owners have enjoyed this option for a few years now and it's a good first step on a new owners' AMG Academy journey.

I’m going to the track thingy on the 10th April at 11am, cannot wait!

Be really interested to hear what you think of it, as I live in Northern Ireland i would like to know if it's worth taking the time to attend it the next time I am in England.

Mine has just arrived in the UK! Can’t wait [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom