AMG A35 Owners Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Come on guys/girls, more photos and especially more reviews, and more so from previous S3 and R owners on comparisons.

Personally interested in previous R owners who were on 19" and with DCC and have taken the adaptive dampers - Just did a 400 mile round trip to Manchester in comfort setting and long days journey with meeting sandwiched in between but convinced the cossetted comfortable and pretty quiet ride still made for a feeling of an enjoyable drive, especially as the last 20 miles was a rat run and that was done in race.:cool: - Does the new AMG match up to that experience with adaptive dampers in ride and road noise?

We do not select these cars for economy and do tend to just drive and fill up when needed, but on that Manchester run it was 39.8 MPG outward and £38.8 MPG homeward bound and so when anyone does get a chance to stretch its legs on a long run and hits the comfort button, what is the economy returned (Its accepted that all cars improve economy and sound as the engine beds in and miles add)

Doubt the A35 AMG will be any different in the local and inter town runs, between 25- 32 MPG depending on how much use Race/Sport +

Well here’s mine. Not to everyone’s taste I’m sure but I absolutely love it! Hopefully the pic works, don’t know why it’s so difficult on this forum!
And not many photos at the moment as the weather is crap :(

View attachment 84435

Think all the three, 'free' colours work well when selecting the Aerodynamic Pack due to the contrast and I would be ok having any of them, likely the red if pushed - The all black is tempting, as is the grey, but the denim looks good also, and where normally can state that dislike at least one colour, you cannot really go wrong with any of the palette - Basically a great looking car and it will be other factors such as performance, ride, cost and then my sometimes love it/hate it feel for the interior tech that will be decision makers when select new ride very soon.

But as said a few times, fine margins discussed in forum by nature, so enjoy your 300 BHP AWD experience, its a great way to get around :)

Come on guys/girls, more photos and especially more reviews, and more so from previous S3 and R owners on comparisons.

Personally interested in previous R owners who were on 19" and with DCC and have taken the adaptive dampers - Just did a 400 mile round trip to Manchester in comfort setting and long days journey with meeting sandwiched in between but convinced the cossetted comfortable and pretty quiet ride still made for a feeling of an enjoyable drive, especially as the last 20 miles was a rat run and that was done in race.:cool: - Does the new AMG match up to that experience with adaptive dampers in ride and road noise?

We do not select these cars for economy and do tend to just drive and fill up when needed, but on that Manchester run it was 39.8 MPG outward and £38.8 MPG homeward bound and so when anyone does get a chance to stretch its legs on a long run and hits the comfort button, what is the economy returned (Its accepted that all cars improve economy and sound as the engine beds in and miles add)

Doubt the A35 AMG will be any different in the local and inter town runs, between 25- 32 MPG depending on how much use Race/Sport +

Don’t really pay much attention to MPG but I did have a quick look. I’ve only done 400miles so far and nothing above 4,5k but in a mixture of modes and driving my average is 32.5mpg which I think is pretty good for a new engine!

Don’t really pay much attention to MPG but I did have a quick look. I’ve only done 400miles so far and nothing above 4,5k but in a mixture of modes and driving my average is 32.5mpg which I think is pretty good for a new engine!

If you truly worried about MPG your buying the wrong car! mindset is drive it, fill it up, drive it :)

but its still nice to know that despite the performance there is still some reward for when performance is the secondary requirement such a long runs up motorways. 32.5 MPG is not shabby even if watching the load as from both the GTi and the R improved noticeably when the engine bedded in - remember at about 5,000 miles the engine losing any stiffness and being really loose and responsive. So anyone new to these cars, do not overly judge the out of the box experience if think little 'stiff' as its pretty much guaranteed the best experience is yet to come.

If you truly worried about MPG your buying the wrong car! mindset is drive it, fill it up, drive it :)

but its still nice to know that despite the performance there is still some reward for when performance is the secondary requirement such a long runs up motorways. 32.5 MPG is not shabby even if watching the load as think from memory both the GTi and the R were sub 30 but improved noticeably when the engine bedded in - remember at about 5,000 miles the engine losing any stiffness and being really loose and responsive. So anyone new to these cars, do not overly judge the out of the box experience if think little 'stiff' as its pretty much guaranteed the best experience is yet to come.

Yeah due to work it’s gonna take a while to run in but at least have 300 mile round trip on April 10 th to Mercedes world track day so by then that will just about be run in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom