AMG A35 Owners Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So you have the lot then lol
The spec is:

Premium Plus
Style Pack
AMG Ride Control
AMG advanced nav
Connectivity pack
Driving assistance pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you have the lot then lol

[emoji23] this is the problem with working for the brand, I’ve tried every option and had really high spec company cars, so I couldn’t bring myself to untick any options!

The spec is:

Premium Plus
Style Pack
AMG Ride Control
AMG advanced nav
Connectivity pack
Driving assistance pack

Now that I have been driving mine around on various types of roads for almost a week, I’m wishing I had opted for the AMG ride control.

congratulations on your awesome cars guys, still 4 weeks to wait for mine.

Now that I have been driving mine around on various types of roads for almost a week, I’m wishing I had opted for the AMG ride control.

That seems to be the understanding that getting, that overall on reasonably decent surfaces the standard ride is fine but as you would expect on a firmer set up the ride is more compromised on the poorer surfaces - had the dynamic suspension in previous GTI and now R and given the tangible benefits to ride comfort and ability to firm up its now a hard option to not tick

Colleague standard GTI behaves the same, you do not even notice the difference to mine much of the time, but when roads are poorer you certainly do.

That seems to be the understanding that getting, that overall on reasonably decent surfaces the standard ride is fine but as you would expect on a firmer set up the ride is more compromised on the poorer surfaces - had the dynamic suspension in previous GTI and now R and given the tangible benefits to ride comfort and ability to firm up its now a hard option to not tick

Colleague standard GTI behaves the same, you do not even notice the difference to mine much of the time, but when roads are poorer you certainly do.

That's what I am finding, when you are on a poor surface as well as the hard ride its really shows up the rattles in the interior trim which is something I never had in my S3 and is worrying me for build quality over the period of ownership.

That's what I am finding, when you are on a poor surface as well as the hard ride its really shows up the rattles in the interior trim which is something I never had in my S3 and is worrying me for build quality over the period of ownership.

The S3 is so well bolted together its a hard act to follow, as is my R really, the only thing that ever rattles is when not secured sunglasses in the overhead bin properly - Obviously ride plays a part in that too, as less vibration = less rattle

My S Sline suspension Quattro were ultra firm but as the cabin was so well put together the only thing that rattled was my bones.

Got to admit, quality of the build was one of my concerns given its a new out of the box model on firmer suspension and be interested to see how others fair and how you settle into the drive as its always a little alien at outset till you become a little at one with a new ride.

The S3 is so well bolted together its a hard act to follow, as is my R really, the only thing that ever rattles is when not secured sunglasses in the overhead bin properly - Obviously ride plays a part in that too, as less vibration = less rattle

My S Sline suspension Quattro were ultra firm but as the cabin was so well put together the only thing that rattled was my bones.

Got to admit, quality of the build was one of my concerns given its a new out of the box model on firmer suspension and be interested to see how others fair and how you settle into the drive as its always a little alien at outset till you become a little at one with a new ride.

My R and S3 before it have squeaky suspension so build quality and squeaks and rattles (lack of) is high on my list of expectations. They've been building the W177 for a year now so any niggles should have been sorted out. I'd certainly visit the dealer if experiencing any.

Anyone any ideas in the air con?

Have up tried turning it on?

My R and S3 before it have squeaky suspension so build quality and squeaks and rattles (lack of) is high on my list of expectations. They've been building the W177 for a year now so any niggles should have been sorted out. I'd certainly visit the dealer if experiencing any.

There was the travel puck issue at the outset where many drove many miles with them still in! not surprisingly complaining of squeaky suspension - Have to say that neither my GTI or the R over 5.5 years of ownership has been in for anything but their service and as both were on the long term schedules, think only visited a VW garage 3 times in them 5.5 years - You are right though at being at about the year mark you would expect the early issues to start to be addressed in the factory much like any application you download has its initial wave of bug fixes from the saturated feedback that no testing can truly replicate.

However, from all seen and understood it does seem that the A35 AMG standard ride is going to be on the firmer side by design and there needs to be an expectation of some judder on the poorer roads.

Yep had it set to low on both sides and even done the reset as in the manual grrrrrr

There is not much to the air con, if on lowest setting on temp and the air con light is on, it should blow cold air so I would say its a trip to the dealer I am afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom