AMG detailing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Er yes I know - the point is MB have turned AMG into a marketing tool for spurious accessories and diluted the original 'performance' value of the brand. If I fit AMG branded floor mats or kick sills to my car is my car now an 'AMG Performance model' worthy of badging it as such?
If AMG had stayed as it was before Mercedes bought a stake in the business then the average person in the street would have absolutely no clue what an AMG was, and now many would recognise it, so I’m not sure the value of the brand is any worse for having been applied to more and more models. Vive la difference.

My car was supplied by a Mercedes-Benz main dealer with AMG branded floor mats, AMG kick plates, and AMG wheels, so I’ll keep the AMG badge on the bootlid, whether it dilutes the value of the brand or not.

My young son can spot a non AMG badged 'AMG' a mile away, I doubt the MB owner gives a hoot about what a teenage boy on a bicycle thinks...:banana:
That’s the point though - those that know about these things aren’t fooled and those that don’t, don’t have a clue what the badge means anyway.

I don't get why people try to pass their car off as something it is not!

That’s the point though - those that know about these things aren’t fooled and those that don’t, don’t have a clue what the badge means anyway.
Or care.

I don't get why people try to pass their car off as something it is not!

54350255_2070066866380000_491421559483793408_o.jpg

Well for my first post this has been quite a response, I've been a member off many a forum in my time and I have to say this is coming across as a very sobish site not all but it's deafently for the purest but then again it is a Mercedes after all.
I'm loving my clk best I've had so far although my two soarers I had come close.
I've decided after reading all the posts to go incognito and debadge now no one will now what I'm driving lol

Stick around, you'll get used to the nonsense although, as mentioned earlier, AMG badges on non-AMGs do seem to cause the most passionate discussions.:)

I'd like to de-badge but then people will think I'm posing as a SL500 - can't win.......:D:eek:

Well for my first post this has been quite a response, I've been a member off many a forum in my time and I have to say this is coming across as a very sobish site not all but it's deafently for the purest but then again it is a Mercedes after all.
I'm loving my clk best I've had so far although my two soarers I had come close.
I've decided after reading all the posts to go incognito and debadge now no one will now what I'm driving lol

It can’t be that snobbish, I’m member and proper chav innit :)
It all bantz (I’m getting down with the bin lids now)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is sobish a mix between snobish and Soap Box?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hahaha but then it keeps them guessing untill you put your foot down.
Normally de-badging makes people assume you have an entry level and are embarrassed of your badge, which is why it is good fun when an AMG de-badges, takes people by surprise.

My first car had a Mini Cooper S engine in a standard Mini 1000 body, in it's day was quicker than a 2.0l Capri which gave me endless traffic light fun.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Jeremy clarkson was fooled into thinking he’d bought a Marak ss. Do what you want, it’s your car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom