amg gtr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
thanks bobby what you think the residuals be like especially with the new amg out next year?and what is a must have spec...ceramics essential?
Residuals are difficult to call because the natural depreciation curve has been interrupted by the rise in all used car prices.

Around 12-18 months ago you could find a sub-£100k GT R easily, so you probably need to prepare to lose that an then some.

The new GT could push prices down, or could help to reinforce current values of it’s not as well received by the market.

The fast models will take a couple of years to surface so that will protect the GT R a little relative to the GT or GT S.

No must have options really. But a car with the spec you will use it for. If you plan to track it a lot then buy one with the cage, etc.

If you plan to use it as a road car then I would say avoid the track-orientated options and it will be surprisingly usable.

Some would say for a track car get ceramics, others would say for a track car DON’T get ceramics! Ironic I know.

Personally I would go for a road-biased car without ceramic breaks, in grey or black, and then use it everyday.

PS Try the seats. I don’t get on with either of the seat options in the GT R, but o th era rave about both. Get what’s comfy.

also is the facelift a 19 plate or later??
Yes 👍🏻

Go for facelift if you like screens instead of dials in the driver’s cockpit, and don’t mind too much about losing the noise.

Go for pre-facelift if you like noise instead of screens. I think the pre-facelift will be preferred in the medium to long term.

Edited to add: Most GT R are pre-facelift. Facelift cars tend to be the GT R Pro rather than GT R.

The GT R really does come alive on track but as a road car I would say the GT R is a much better bet.

Buy the solarbeam car, be quick.
I agree. OP will be waiting a while for the next to come up for sale, and probably won’t be any less expensive if it’s this year.

I agree. OP will be waiting a while for the next to come up for sale, and probably won’t be any less expensive if it’s this year.
why the such price difference ..is it just the colour ????cheeky offer of 125k might be going to dealer lol

why the such price difference ..is it just the colour ????cheeky offer of 125k might be going to dealer lol
Find another Solar Beam car. I haven’t checked but I would be surprised if there’s another for sale. It was a £13k option when new if I remember right, and now has a bit of a cult following.

When new, quite a few GT R were financed and so the cost of options was prohibitively expensive as the full value is paid back over the term, and so not many had the £13k option ticked.

If you really do want yellow then this might be your only option for a while. Always worth making an offer, you never know. If you’re happy with Green Hell Magno then you will have more choice.

Find another Solar Beam car. I haven’t checked but I would be surprised if there’s another for sale. It was a £13k option when new if I remember right, and now has a bit of a cult following.

When new, quite a few GT R were financed and so the cost of options was prohibitively expensive as the full value is paid back over the term, and so not many had the £13k option ticked.

If you really do want yellow then this might be your only option for a while. Always worth making an offer, you never know. If you’re happy with Green Hell Magno then you will have more choice.
really need to stick too my budget of 125k but will ask the question

really need to stick too my budget of 125k but will ask the question
That’s a generous budget so even if the vendor rejects your offer you can take your pick of the rest.

Had one as a daily for 12 months and loved it. Some PROs to start - Personally I think it is the best looking supercar going and it gets a LOT of attention everywhere you go. It also sounds incredible both from the outside and from inside the cabin. You can carry incredible speed into and around a corner and its very flat and has an amazing front end and you can really feel the aero at higher speeds.
In my opinion it has the best looking interior of any car currently for sale (I had the AMG performance seats) with the Alcantara pack with the yellow belts and stitching and really did think the interior was perfection. It has great tech for such a car - distronic cruise control, blind spot warning etc. With heat in the tyres it has incredible grip. You can fit a surprising amount of stuff in the boot. Carbon ceramics are excellent, not grabby/snatchy and I would say they're the best brakes I've ever experienced. They're no more expensive to service or run than any other AMG.

CONS - I found the suspension too hard for the crap roads were I live although for the type of car is its not bad, its very wide and you'll struggle to park it certain places (it just about fits in most spaces but if someone parks beside you its hard to get back in), the seats have a very hard base and I found it gave me a sore bum on long journeys 😂 and I have the AMG performance seats in my c63 coupe but they are much softer with more cushioning and I don't have the same problem but the main issue for me and primarily why I got rid of the car was because you can't get PS4S in the correct sizes for it and are stuck with the CUP2 which are pretty crap for most of the year and sometimes seem difficult to get (I had to wait approx 12 weeks to get them from Michelin directly from France at one stage) and they're pretty sketchy in the cold/wet.

Also its definitely worth low balling dealers on current prices as I know for a fact they're buying the cars in for MUCH less (£20-30k profit in some of those cars for the dealers) and one has been up since August at £130k so definitely worth putting in a lower offer.

That’s a generous budget so even if the vendor rejects your offer you can take your pick of the rest.
SPOKE TO DEALER ..5 owners in total so that put me off right away and was not sure on spec

Had one as a daily for 12 months and loved it. Some PROs to start - Personally I think it is the best looking supercar going and it gets a LOT of attention everywhere you go. It also sounds incredible both from the outside and from inside the cabin. You can carry incredible speed into and around a corner and its very flat and has an amazing front end and you can really feel the aero at higher speeds.
In my opinion it has the best looking interior of any car currently for sale (I had the AMG performance seats) with the Alcantara pack with the yellow belts and stitching and really did think the interior was perfection. It has great tech for such a car - distronic cruise control, blind spot warning etc. With heat in the tyres it has incredible grip. You can fit a surprising amount of stuff in the boot. Carbon ceramics are excellent, not grabby/snatchy and I would say they're the best brakes I've ever experienced. They're no more expensive to service or run than any other AMG.

CONS - I found the suspension too hard for the crap roads were I live although for the type of car is its not bad, its very wide and you'll struggle to park it certain places (it just about fits in most spaces but if someone parks beside you its hard to get back in), the seats have a very hard base and I found it gave me a sore bum on long journeys 😂 and I have the AMG performance seats in my c63 coupe but they are much softer with more cushioning and I don't have the same problem but the main issue for me and primarily why I got rid of the car was because you can't get PS4S in the correct sizes for it and are stuck with the CUP2 which are pretty crap for most of the year and sometimes seem difficult to get (I had to wait approx 12 weeks to get them from Michelin directly from France at one stage) and they're pretty sketchy in the cold/wet.

Also its definitely worth low balling dealers on current prices as I know for a fact they're buying the cars in for MUCH less (£20-30k profit in some of those cars for the dealers) and one has been up since August at £130k so definitely worth putting in a lower offer.
Blimey I thought I was a PS4S fanboi but even I would not seek a car just because I couldn’t buy PS4S in the right size! 😁

A set of winters from late September to late April sorts the Cup 2 issue nicely. Sketchy is a charitable description in cold and wet conditions!

SPOKE TO DEALER ..5 owners in total so that put me off right away and was not sure on spec
You will find most have had a large number of owners, but 5 might put me off too.

If you haven’t driven one then I would suggest having a go before making offers on any cars, so you can get a feel for them.

That would be too many for me as well to be honest. I had the same issue with GT3's when I was looking at them before prices went truly mental. Most had 4-6 owners, some more including an 8 owner car on the Porsche GB official site. Unfortunately it appears that these types of cars attract owners who want to scratch an itch and then pass it on as opposed to driving it and enjoying it.

If you are set on a Solar Beam Yellow one have a chat with Joe at Supercar Sourcing:

When I was looking to buy one he said he might have a Solar Beam Yellow one coming in but I'm not sure if it did and went quickly or the owner changed their mind. anyway it was available at under your £125K budget so perhaps a phone call would be worthwhile. Joe is also a nice guy who knows his stuff about performance cars :cool:

seen the one above looks great spec but not too sure about dealer and warranty they would provide for peace of mind!!!!

B

seen the one above looks great spec but not too sure about dealer and warranty they would provide for peace of mind!!!!
Not heard of the seller before. If something doesn’t feel right then keep looking. You could always insist on an inspection by a Mercedes-Benz dealer and a Mercedes extended warranty. That on top of your statutory rights should give you some peace of mind

anyone know the figures of how many gtrs are in the uk cant be that many surely??.......every video i see on the gtr review has been so positive 99%love the car which is good to hear !!!

anyone know the figures of how many gtrs are in the uk cant be that many surely??.......every video i see on the gtr review has been so positive 99%love the car which is good to hear !!!
It looks like around 250 GT R and around 50 GT R Pro.

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but this site will give you a guide to how many are registered on the road and how many are sorn.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how accurate it is, but this site will give you a guide to how many are registered on the road and how many are sorn.

whats the difference with premium auto and just auto???were they 2 different spec levels available from the factory??

whats the difference with premium auto and just auto???were they 2 different spec levels available from the factory??
On the GT R, Premium cost £2995 and added keyless go, mirror package, illuminated door sills, and Burmester surround sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom