AMG owernship experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.
I've owned a face-lift 2013 C63 AMG for 18 months and it has cost me nothing in maintenance other than the service pack which is 40 odd quid a month. I've done 10,000 miles on the same set of (brand new tyres) the car had on it when I bought it with 11,000 miles on it. I use it to commute into Manchester City centre every day and I take it on fast drives in North Wales and Yorkshire whenever I can. I've been to Germany in it, Cornwall in it and London twice. I'm on 19 inch alloys.
Not one thing has gone wrong with it.
My average mpg is 19mpg.
It has been the most bullet proof and reliable car I've owned so far.
What you have said is 0% true for my AMG ownership experience so I think you are misleading the OP with excessive negativity which is probably borne out of frustration that you have never owned the very car he is asking about.
You cannot be an expert in something you have never experienced. The OP is asking about the experience of owning an AMG - you don't have that experience yet you have posted more in here than anyone else.
It isn't helpful to anyone.

My thoughts exactly right now, C63 and E63 are much better things to own, and from a lot of people on the forum they have proven to be far better experiences. A lot of you here also praise the E55, C63, E63, SL63/65 and a few other distinct models, I'm very inclined to listen to people who know what they are talking about. I've not done anywhere near enough miles over enough AMGs to be all wise about them, and I think I also had quite a bid of bad luck with the car, which adds to my own personal bad experience with the brand. Flat tyre twice as well, both times at 4AM with me waking up to beat traffic on a long drive, things like that I cannot really blame Merc for, but there's this feeling in the back of my head that the car has gone into service every 3 weeks, and it kind of has, with some very big under warranty repairs for a car that had barely, 10, 15k miles at the time.

I think the dry weight of the C and E are a better fit for the rest of the components which look reasonably identical. I always felt the wear and tear of pads, discs, suspension, tires, is a little bit extreme, and while I'm not a mechanic, when I play with the configurators of the various models, the parts look like the same things, same dimension, regardless of the series. Driving style has a good impact sure, but it feels they bolted a badge and a slightly bigger bodywork without re-adjusting a great deal of the other parts of the car. Now I'm pretty much sure I've paid a small fortune for badge that says "S", 10% fancier leather and massage seats that I never use anyway.

Engine is the same, torque is the same, no 4Matic but I get Curve Control which is fun twice a year as you need Lake District like roads to enjoy it. 2018 model seems to fit the exact same bill, exact same HP, 4.0 V8 9G tronic as the E63s. The S coupe has pretty much heavily tanked, and will likely go full CL shortly, wiping a nice £100k of the RRP. If I can do any good to any forum member here, is to recommend that you don't buy it, I have a feeling it's not going to be the long hold car that the way models like CL500/65, E55, SL and so on have been for a lot of people.

I've had massive problems with electrics across the board already, in a 3 year old car, so I can only imagine what all their fancy automatically retractable seat rack etc will behave like in another 5 - 8 years, it scares me to be the guy owning this out of warranty in 5 years time.

Last edited:
Do a search internationally on forums too, that should wise you up more than what is permitted here...

And FWIW to you, I don't tell lies - you will come to see this through your own eyes, I am sure.

He doesn’t tell lies, he claims to have bought cars he’s never seen.

He’s a fantasist. Ignore this idiot.

Do you think your flats may be because of cracked wheels... quite common on the AMG's.

I'd think not, or he would have said so.

We all know your opinion: "MB are the worst car manufacturer in the world today".
You're entitled to that opinion, however fatuous, and to post it, but we all disagree with it; that should tell you something.

I think we've all had enough of this thread. Give it a rest, sunshine.....

Last edited:
If you want a reliable AMG grab yourself a Japanese one with the now famous Japanese quality built right in, far more reliable than what you'll get out of Europe.

W211 E55 AMG

They'll do that when the airbag/s roll over and close off the leak when on the ground. Doesn't mean the leak has gone though. You can get replacement bags out of the US that do not require the rear subframe removal.

And be careful you don't drive it the way it is now or you stand a very good chance of burning out the pump that is now working overtime to keep the pressure.

Here is probably the most reliable AMG ever made, heck they couldn't even make the McLaren M8 run reliably back in the day. Time for a change Misters AMG, time for a change.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But, if you want performance from a new still under warranty car then...

Five supercars that are slower than the Mercedes-AMG E 63 S 4Matic+

Last edited:
Well this is one of the strangest threads ever, and not because of the OP. By the way the "gas chambers principal" comment is one of the shittiest things I've read on this forum. Here's hoping the mods respond to reports.......

OP - Whilst I understand your concerns I don't they are are unique to MB. At the same price as your S63 things like the BMW 760Li, Aston Rapide and even the Bentley Continental plummet similarly. Bentley are better at hiding it but nobody with half a brain has paid list for a GT for the past five years and the discounts have been huge.

If you are frustrated with MB just wait until to feel the need to trade your Mac in for something new .........Forget MB needing to learn from the cartel makers at Ferrari (and Porsche for that matter) , that's never going to happen, but Mac now they really do need to watch and learn. I say this from a position of personal experience !

Well this is one of the strangest threads ever, and not because of the OP. By the way the "gas chambers principal" comment is one of the shittiest things I've read on this forum. Here's hoping the mods respond to reports.......

OP - Whilst I understand your concerns I don't they are are unique to MB. At the same price as your S63 things like the BMW 760Li, Aston Rapide and even the Bentley Continental plummet similarly. Bentley are better at hiding it but nobody with half a brain has paid list for a GT for the past five years and the discounts have been huge.

If you are frustrated with MB just wait until to feel the need to trade your Mac in for something new .........Forget MB needing to learn from the cartel makers at Ferrari (and Porsche for that matter) , that's never going to happen, but Mac now they really do need to watch and learn. I say this from a position of personal experience !

A gas chamber is what you get after they remove the fuel system hatch under the rear seat on a W211 to get to the faulty bits that hold the fuel pipes together and then after reassembly they put the seat back in to soak up the spilt fuel. The vapors then permeate all through the cabin so strongly it is dangerous to drive = gas chamber. Strange alright, always strange when people don't know what they talk about but pretend they do.

Attachments

• E55 AMG right fuel pump.jpg
    E55 AMG right fuel pump.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 8
  • E55AMG broken connection left side.jpg
    E55AMG broken connection left side.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 8
  • E55AMG left fuel sensor.jpg
    E55AMG left fuel sensor.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
A gas chamber is what you get after they remove the fuel system hatch under the rear seat on a W211 to get to the faulty bits that hold the fuel pipes together and then after reassembly they put the seat back in to soak up the spilt fuel. The vapors then permeate all through the cabin so strongly it is dangerous to drive = gas chamber. Strange alright, always strange when people don't know what they talk about but pretend they do.

Hmmm

Funny how there’s no record of that term being used elsewhere in a technical fashion relating to cars. It’s a horrible term and you used it for deliberate effect and linked it to the mentality of MB management in Germany.

Pretty sick use of language.

"A gas chamber is what you get after they remove the fuel system hatch under the rear seat on a W211 to get to the faulty bits that hold the fuel pipes together and then after reassembly they put the seat back in to soak up the spilt fuel. The vapors then permeate all through the cabin so strongly it is dangerous to drive = gas chamber. Strange alright, always strange when people don't know what they talk about but pretend they do.
Hmmm

Funny how there’s no record of that term being used elsewhere in a technical fashion relating to cars. It’s a horrible term and you used it for deliberate effect and linked it to the mentality of MB management in Germany.

Pretty sick use of language."

W=> What's sick is an AMG that's done precious few Kms failing in this way - systematically across the globe without recall, but what is even sicker is the response to the response when asked specifically about AMGs and all the deformation of character that goes with it. That's what sick cobber.

You're nothing but a baiter here, I won't tell you what type of baiter you are cause you know already. Welcome to my ignore list.

A quick google for "Mercedes Gas Chamber" doesnt bring up any links to non WW2 pages.

Some of you are skating on extremely thin ice, any more of this and the forum banning stick will be removed from its glass case.

Closing thread before this carries on any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom