Annoying car alarm!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeorgeA

Car
W212
My neighbours car alarm is faulty and sounds for hours on end till he turns up and deactivates it. Currently his house is under renovation and he is not living there but the car is left on the drive. Another neighbour has a contact number for him but it is usually hours before the alarm is turned off. Worst case so far is the alarm sounding from Friday evening till Sunday afternoon - although on this occasion the car was in his garage - but it was still annoying. This has been going on for months.

As you can imagine I am sick fed up with this and want to know if I have the right to simply smash the window pop the bonnet open and disconnect the battery.

Any other suitable suggestions?

Enviromental Heath dept at your local council are the people to contact

Exactly. Start logging dates & times. They will prosecute if necessary.

(that's when they have time after going after ice cream vans that play chimes for over 4 seconds.......)
:devil:

I'm very surprised the owner hasn't at least disabled the siren, considering I assume he knows it's annoying a few people.

Naughty.

Council, as mentioned, is the way to go (also, do the renovations need planning permission... :devil:)

Mine stops sounding after a few minutes, if the car does not move .
How long will his battery last?

Mine stops sounding after a few minutes, if the car does not move .
How long will his battery last?

This particular alarm is the same, sounding every few minutes, then a extended break then starts up all over again. The alarm has never sounded like the battery is going flat and that is after many hours.

I intend to speak to Environmental Health and have started a diary of dates to pass on. I think this neighbour is just not aware of the absolute nuisance this is becoming. The maddening thing is I never get the chance to have a word with him to explain.:mad:

Could you enquire if the neighbour, who has a contact number, to explain for you?

We only found out last night that a neighbour had a contact number. My wife spoke to that neighbour and they were not worried about the situation at all, which of course makes me even madder. I suppose he knows when the owner of the car is on his way and perhaps that helps. Does not help me on the occasions the alarm runs for hours. Wonder what he will think when I am thumping his door in the small hours should that alarm start up again.

I take your point though I might wander over and ask for the number or at least make sure my lack of patience with this situation is passed on.

I reckon a word in the ear would help; most people are reasonable once they know there's an issue, in fact may be horrified if blissfully unaware. Beats going through the formal route really.

Hopefully it'll all be sorted out then for you :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom