Another Comand freak!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gizmo750

Car
Audi TT
Just a little note to say thanks to a few people from this site / club who have been extremely helpful to both a new member and a new Mercedes owner.

Whilst trying to get my head around the Comand system that Mercedes assured me could not be retro-fitted I had no end of support from:

Steve BCS, Paul Grainger and Fudger - all very willing to help and answer a lot of silly questions, thanks guys

Steve (aka MBenzNL) - for supplying and installing the Comand and in record time too (once we finally got together!) and again answering my daft questions

Koolvin - thanks for letting me use your place as an install bay and for keeping me entertained whilst waiting for Steve

Flyer - thanks for all the advice Andrew and the CD

In addition I have made other friends and I am most impressed with the levels of knowledge and the helpfulness of everyone I speak to.

GREAT CLUB you have here and I hope to be able to help others as much as I have been helped.
:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Now, what shall I "mod" next I wonder - oh yes, I have a set of OEM xenon's on the way - that should keep me busy asking more daft questions of you patient people

:crazy: :confused: :crazy: :confused: :crazy:

Guy

You're welcome Guy - that's what the club is all about - helping each other. Now, tell us all about these xenons :D .

Cheers

Andrew

Xenon's!

I managed to get hold of some OEM xenon's (complete units) for a very good price indeed. They are from a CLK w208 and will bolt straight in place of the halogens that I currently have. All I will need to do is to swap the vacuum pod and the levelling motors over so that the levelling roller on the dash (by the light switch) still works. And then hope it goes through the MOT without washers, otherwise it will be a case of putting the halogens back in for the MOT and then taking them out again once a year!

Will let you know when I have put them in - apparently I may need to remove the front bumper to do it???

Guy

no worries mate!

I hope my friends antics kept you ammused too!

ps. you know zymol rocks!

Seem like a nice bunch of chaps. I especially like the one with the James Bond type lifestyle :devil: hahaha

And you certainly are the KING of Zymol and I reckon that you have the shiniest car that I have ever seen.

Did I hear that you did / are doing the xenon thing too?

Guy

Originally posted by Gizmo750
Now, what shall I "mod" next I wonder
I shall answer this for you...

THIS :D

It was nice meeting you...I hope you had a nice (wedding) day last sunday (CONGRATS!)...

greetingz,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom