Another what car next thread ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After the wifes SLK200 written off last month from a low speed impact with an Audi A4

I know she'd like another SLK but the way the other one crumpled at about 10mph puts me off the idea.
What year was the SLK i had a crash in my 99 plate 230K hit the centre reservation on the A11 in the snow at 40mph and was surprised how strong the car was still drove it home.

It was a 2005 MY.
The chances are it was just caught wrong as "ridiculous" as that may seem.
I'm glad yours was ok though.

She was injured and hospitalised. The crumple zones crumpled etc. (I do get all that BTW). The car was a write off, but in my view barely did its job. Apparently the folks in the other car stepped out and walked away. I don't remember what it was.

Sorry to hear about her injuries but it's good to know what you found out there. It's pretty shoddy considering the Mini is a pretty modern car, albeit quite short so presumably less crumple zone area.

Thought I'd update this. I bought one of these last month with an extended Merc warranty and service plan which the wife has been driving recently -

w0gXAcO.jpg

Then yesterday I picked up this -

32APFxj.jpg

I looked at loads of things including Astons, Jag, BM's, Porsche. The ML made sense for some future plans and the CLK was one I couldn't leave there so it had to be brought back home. The C220d has finally gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom