Anyone 'never' had problems?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've never had a car that has let me down or refused to start, even after owning french cars in the past. Might have to buy an Italian one and see how bad they are:D

Other than rust which got repaired, nothing has failed on the C43, just normal wear and tear items. Never had any of the known issues with the car although looking at the history the previouis owner had a new MAF.

I do suspect that a lot of issues other than electrical gremlins can be avoided with decent maintenance. Things like changing gearbox oil, according to MB its not required but I'm not going to chance it. Engine oil changes every 6000 miles with good quality oil, checking mechanical components and replacing them when the wear becomes excessive rather than waiting for the part (or MOT) to fail. Maintaining a car seems like common sense to me, but when I see how some colleagues treat their cars I don't feel sorry for them when it leaves them stranded at 4am in the rain.

During 35 years of continuous Mercedes ownership of , I've lost count of how many cars , I've only had one serious breakdown when the ASD diff packed in on one of my W124 300TE , at 200K - this was the ONLY car I ever paid a significant amount of money for ( 14 grand at 3 years old with 38K on the clock ) . None of my other cars have ever let me down with several up over 200K and the 300TE-24 winning the prize at 430K .

Our Sprinter has never let us down but the red paint went pink :)

The E-class has had the 211 electrical teething problems but touch wood..... it has been reliable for the last 24hrs :devil: (couple of years) :D It has never let us down after the three year warranty expired

My father has W124 from 1990. He says - the best car ever. I tried it and I can only say it was one of the 80s best cars. It is pure diesel 5 cylinders, mighty sound :rock:

ive got a w140 s class 280 bought it with 238,000 on it, ive done 20k and not had a single problem. also the paint and interior bar a few marks is completly mint

My C180, apart from a minor fault on the imobiliser, gave seven years faultless service, unlike my S500L which has been a nightmare!

Had 20k miles in 15months trouble free motoring from my car.

Only observations is that it needs serviced a lot more (BMW could do 20k between services, this struggles for 10k) and reset for 15k tops.

Another thumbs up for mb from me. My clk has had zero faults in the 3.5 years i've had it, not a bulb, not a fuse not a thing! Hope i'm not tempting fate!

None of my mercs have ever had a major issue. They do get maintained rather well though....

I've had my share of things going on the car but the enjoyment it has provided me has far outweighed its need for attention.

In fact I’d go as far to say that the car has given me the confidence to do things I would not have otherwise done (eg track days; European drives, driver training).

300 CE owned for nealry five years. One fuel relay pump replaced, other than that the car has been 100 rock solid reliable, which is what the pervious owner said to the previous owner, I fairly sure that in 150,000 miles it hasnt gone wrong, except for the last few months where it sometines conks out and then restarts five mins later, whioch considering its late for a service is fair ;-)

In the 2 years i've had the C230K i'd say its been good, put 27k miles on it and i've only had to replace 3/4 bits. which in maintenance has cost me less then £300.

Also had to replace the tyres once and the discs (as i wanted to upgrade these), but i upgrade things when they fail, like i'm waiting for my suspension to go so i can B12 it :D.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom