• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Anyone tempted by the Jaguar XF ?

I think the Jag looks a really nice car, but as ever, all the bits you really want are on the far right of the options page.....:(
Bit like a Merc then I suppose when you have to add COMAND, leather, phone prep and memory seats to most:crazy:
It will be interesting to see how the residuals hold up once the novelty value has worn off.

I think the Jag looks a really nice car, but as ever, all the bits you really want are on the far right of the options page.....:(

There isn't much that's not in the middle of the page - met paint, xenons and tyre pressure monitor is about it, I think? The cars have a lot of standard kit.

I have to say that with the uncertain residuals I wouldn't dream of buying one, but if they're available on a decent lease / PCP then it might be interesting, especially as it's the options that really whack up the cost of leasing a Merc.

Hello,

Just hope its better put together than my brother old company car a Jaguar 2.0d Sport estate, It looked nice, went ok (when it wasn't in the garage) but needed ALL sorts.

Gearbox was out 3 times
Radio stopped a few times
indicators went off
Hazards went off
pipes became lose
mirrors stopped folding
parking sensors stopped working.

Then there was the smoke...ok underneath was a Mundao... but at night if you gave it beans it was litterally a cloud of black smoke behind you.

so hopefully its come on a bit since the x type...

Maybe I've been lucky, but I've had an X type 2.5 AWD for about 4 years with no problems - it came fully loaded - the only thing it didn't have was the sat nav. The only minor thing I would say is the fuel consumption is shocking (or may be its my driving ;) )...anyone fancy buying it?

Advance orders on the XF would argue that Jag are not going down the pan, tests by What car and Autoexpress would suggest that you will be seeing lots of XFs on the roads, no I am not a Jaguar enthusiast I just think the XFis the bees knees.

Oh crockers the Jag diesel is thought by most to be the best there is, the twin turbo makes it a bit thirstier than some but its refinement and quietness is the best, better than MB..

Why the hell am I sticking up for jaguar XF, because I have driven one.

gary

aren't alot of the motoring press stating that the XF will save jag in the long run. Has slight mondeo lines at the rear.

the diesel should prove popular in 2.7litre form from the xj, they may even put a 3.0l in it

Eh ??????

It made me think of Mondeo too.

2.jpg

Will not most of them go as company lease cars inititially? Jaguar still has a prestige name despite it's own attempts to destroy it with its terrible repuation for reliability. It is a nice alternative to a BM Wobbleyou and one can still pretend that it is British if that is important.
As has been said, the market that will sustain the brand, will be waiting to see how it builds its reputation. You can make all the claims that you like about driveability, smoothability, pullability and any other ..ilities that you can think of. But the key one is relaibility and this is partly a word of mouth function. This is the evidence that will support the claims and if the evidence is good, sales will take off. I suspect that there is an enormous amount of good will towards the brand that would be more than willing to back this up but only if it will not be let down again.

Went to have a look at one in the local Jag dealers two weeks ago.Only one in showroom! Two or three people stared at us from behind their desks and no move was made to make us feel welcome.None of the electrics worked in the car and when a sales guy came across he admitted either the battery flat and/or the key was missing!He went off to get key/help and after five minutes we left the showroom still with people behind desks doing nothing and frankly not caring about the only people in their empty showroom...weird!
About the car : I was interested to note the good quality of the switches on the steering wheel.The you tried them on the dash itself and back to good old BL memories! Their is a silverish panel which is so thin on the dash it bends!How long the switches in it remain in situ heaven only knows! But the car generally is a looker .

With ref to the diesel engine, I ran an X type estate for 2 years and 80k and found the only problem to be servicng costs, very expensive and frequent, the car was uber reliable, much more so than my Mercs of late. I now run a 407 coupe with the same 2.7d that is in the Jag XFar from juicy I have averaged over 40mpg in 7k miles and on a motorway run get 45 mpg, much higher than Peugeot quote, the engine is the best diesel I have ever had, not the fastest but very smooth, quiet and "shovvy", plus, Jags are cool!

Will not most of them go as company lease cars inititially?
I would imagine that's correct, and the high level of standard kit will help a lot there - adding options really bumps up lease costs on Mercs (they had to do a special "business" version of the E Class) and also bumps up the employees tax.

Fleet drivers will usually also take a chance with a car, as it's different, they're not risking their own money, and they have the lease company as back-up in case of any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom