• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Audi A3 TDI

ibrar

Car
55 plate LWB Sprinter and soon to be C220 AMG Sport Plus
Hey guys. We're looking to add a hatchback to the addition to the family fleet of cars ( not defecting ).

The car in question is the Audi A3 Tdi 170bhp. We're on a budget of £18,500 max.

Any know of any about, or any certain qualms about them that I should know?

Any advice will be appreciated :)
thanks in advance

The same pros and cons of any other Golf, Skoda, Seat, etc. I guess ... :D

Although I have not driven one myself, I have heard that the DSG gearbox can be a pain when trying to park, manouever or in stop-start traffic.

It's not for me. It's for my mum. They do pack a punch tho

My 76 year old dad has one of those, and he's had it chipped!!! Goes like stink and he's like a boy racer again.

As previously mentioned though, interior is a bit bland.

Interior bland, engine great, waste of time your mum getting the 170BHP version unless she will thrash it, then if she drives that well tell her to get the Quattro as this grips like hell!!

I have the DSG gearbox with the 2.0tdi 140 engine. there is a serious lag when pulling away from junctions followed but a massive boost of power.
In normal everyday driving situations its far to happy to change down through the gears and just a slight touch of the excellerator.

I cannot recommed the DSG and TDI engine together - go and drive one.
I understand that the problems can be cured by a third party company at the cost of about £600... this does also increase the power also.

I got between 30 and 38 mpg in the first 12k and now at 15k it can do about 42mpg onthe motorwary at 80mph.

Not good.....

I like it,

But that does NOT look like a 25K car? at the end of the day its a small Hatchback?

I have the DSG gearbox with the 2.0tdi 140 engine. there is a serious lag when pulling away from junctions followed but a massive boost of power.
In normal everyday driving situations its far to happy to change down through the gears and just a slight touch of the excellerator.

I cannot recommed the DSG and TDI engine together - go and drive one.
I understand that the problems can be cured by a third party company at the cost of about £600... this does also increase the power also.

I got between 30 and 38 mpg in the first 12k and now at 15k it can do about 42mpg onthe motorwary at 80mph.

Not good.....

Would you recommend one without the DSG, but a manual TDI quattro, as shown in the link?

I know the price tag does not seem justifiable, but it will be there to accommodate my younger brother once he passes his driving test. Also mum was on about needing a newer, diesel, small alternative and it seems to suit the bill. :)

Sideball coming - are you ready?

W210 AMG E55s are now worth about 6K and are not going to depreciate much more than that, your looking at a 25K A3, you could buy the E55 and still have enough money left over for 57,500 miles (or budget max as stated of 18,500 - 6000 / 0.33 (@ £1.10 per litre) = 38,000 miles) of fuel at current fuel prices, Audi and Merc servicing and parts are roughly the same, and thats before I start calculating A3 depreciation, to me I would rather have the E55 and a huge pile of money, having owned an Audi diesel and an E55 I know which one I would rather have, so your mum may not like the exterior styling, I prefer the W210 interior to ANY audi and the accleration and braking of the E55 is so addictive!!!

to me its a no brainer

for £18k - £20k she could be looking at a W203 C320 cdi.... now that is a great car..(biased of course..)...

Hmmmmmm I might be able to persuade them. However the insurance for a new driver will be:

1. non existant
2. astronomical

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom