• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Audi A3 TDI

I had a manual for s-line sport back one for two weeks and I must admit it was a brilliant car! I am not into diesels but it was very very good! Handles really well and is really fast and a large boot.

I agree that the interior is a bit plain but the s-line versions have a few extra trim bits that made it really really nice. I would 100% buy one!

My Audi A6 1.9tdi has a cvt auto gearbox. Suffers from lag on pulling away. Otherwise great car (if a little un-inspiring).
PS MPG nothing like manufacturers claimed figures (20% less!!!)

Last edited:
I had a manual for s-line sport back one for two weeks and I must admit it was a brilliant car! I am not into diesels but it was very very good! Handles really well and is really fast and a large boot.

I agree that the interior is a bit plain but the s-line versions have a few extra trim bits that made it really really nice. I would 100% buy one!

Glad to hear, thanks for the info. Do they have any certain problems that I should look out for?

I like it,

But that does NOT look like a 25K car? at the end of the day its a small Hatchback?

I have the same reservations. Underneath the swish Audi exterior is a plain vanilla VW Golf floorpan, body structure, suspension and drive train.

The same VW Golf floorpan, body structure, suspension and drive train is used in the Seat Leon and the Skoda Octavia, for much less money. I congratulate VAG on making the same basic car serve the budget hatchback market (Skoda, Seat), the premium hatchback market (VW) and the executive sporting hatchback (Audi) all using the same basic design and charging more than double the Skoda price for the Audi.

The Audi A4 and A6 don't have any equivalents in the Skoda, Seat and VW ranges so there is at least something genuine about them, but the A3 has always struck me as a con trick. It is just badge engineering, worthy of British Leyland in the 1960s and 70s.

Glad to hear, thanks for the info. Do they have any certain problems that I should look out for?

Not that I am aware of, my friend is an audi tech guy and rated the car highly and is thinking of getting either that or an S3. In my eyes that was a pretty reassuring. :)

Not that I am aware of, my friend is an audi tech guy and rated the car highly and is thinking of getting either that or an S3. In my eyes that was a pretty reassuring. :)

Ah superb! I am planning to go view one in Sunderland Audi tomorrow. Yes Sunderland! Not exactly the same as the one I previously linked but this is just a S-line, with leather seats etc. It has everything compared to the other I pointed out, other than the grill (that I can easily spray black) and the black&red leather seats.

I shall let you know the outcome after tomorrow :)

P.S. If there are any members in Sunderland please let me know. You could save me a hell of a trek :)

BTW its a few £k cheaper than the other I had pointed out :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom