• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Audio 10 (music file types)

Denise

can anyone tell me which music file types (eg: WAV, WMV etc) audio 10 can play?

Thanks

for some reason i can only play original cd's in my audio 10.. no compilations i've put together with Nero...

any ideas why??

the only thing that didn't play on mine were MP3 (altho I bet MP4 wouldn't play either.)

If you do a straight copy of the tracks into Nero wothout changing the format and burn it as an audio/music CD it should be OK. Are you recording to re-writable discs tho - cos they wouldn't play in mine. Needed to be bog standard single record only and you need to make sure it's a completed session.

I'm definately using CDR as opposed to CDRW.. but i think u might be right about making sure its a completed session.

I know what i'll be doing tonight :) Thanks! :)

my single din audio 10 was touch and go with cdr.

later versions were better.

how can i tell if mine is single din?

Madferrit said:
how can i tell if mine is single din?

Single din is just the size of the unit. "DIN" being the German Standards Institute that defined the sizes of the holes in the dashboard and the radios that fit in them.

Most head units are single-DIN, i.e., they are the size of one radio. This is the case of the Audio 10 -- all Audio 10s are single-DIN.

Some, however, are double-Din, i.e., they take up two slots in the dashboard. I would be tempting perhaps to call them din-dins, but no :D
And some are even bigger. But that's just a fact of life that we all have to live with.

Thanks John... i guess i've got a single din unit.. and not the din dins :D

I tried experimenting with various different recorded cd's last night and it seems touch and go if it will work.

Even tried different manufacturer of cd's but still doesn't seem to be any specific kind that will work.

Will try tonight to see if something other than Nero will help eliminate the problem.

try different brands of CDR and make sure the session is closed.

Tried Philips CDR and HiSpace CDR (don't ask.. i got it very very cheap) .. will search in PC World tonight.. thanks :)

make sure the burn speed is set to its lowest. Mine is very fussy about what discs it will play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom