Automatic starter/first-car on a budget.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Result:

2006 VW Polo Auto. Great little runner. Well under budget and ideal first car. Collected today and fully insured.

I’m proud as punch as they’ve funded the whole thing themselves from their own saving’s despite us offering to contribute. Very admirable.

I’ve offered my cleaning services but they are excited to do it themselves at the weekend.

View attachment 138452
Looks great Ant, you must all be delighted!

Car prices are crazy. My brother had one of those 14 or so years ago on an 02 plate and it was grand 🫣
With a bit of luck and all things being relative they won’t lose too much dough when they flog it or chop it in for the next one.

Mad prices, but the new norm....?
Great they landed a good car.

Introduce them to two buckets if they are washing it?
PS, it's overkill, but I cannot stress how good claybarring an old car is. The paint feels like glass afterwards!

Car prices are crazy. My brother had one of those 14 or so years ago on an 02 plate and it was grand 🫣
I bought a little Polo automatic as a run around a couple years ago… 2001… cost me £350, sold it 7k miles later for……£350!
Apart from a battery & alternator never skipped a beat. Went pretty well too! 1.4 petrol I think.

Is it the 1.4L 75bhp ? If so the wife had one..It's the best combo, slow as shit but dead reliable with a normal TC gearbox

We started our 2 in a Citroen C2 but it was a manual. Cheap insurance with me & SWMBO as named drivers. Going back 15 years though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom