B-Class Facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm 34 and love the look of the b class sport! Most definitely buying one next year :)

We've had a B180 CDi Sport Auto in mountain grey now for just over 3 years.

Had a few factory fitted options too. I must admit it's been a belting little car. We've not had one thing go wrong, no rattles or squeaks or any other issues.

Not sure why most are favouring the SE as opposed to the Sport. For me, the sport is nicer to look at inside & out. The new AMG Line is even better looking.

And I really don't understand everyone's issue with the screen. Other manufacturers have retracting screens. What's the point in having a clean smooth looking dash (screen retracted) when you're out of the car when parked up?

I must admit, I find it hard to notice any changed details from the existing AMG Line

Ant.

I love the whole look of the car including the screen it looks great! Coming from a seat altea the sport looks so much better in every way. My new dilemma is 1.6 petrol or the diesel in the 180 form. I'll be doing roughly 10/12k miles a year so could probably use both. I'm not a big fan of this dpf malarkey at this moment in time and am thinking maybe the petrol. How has the dpf treated you?

It's horses for courses, but we're loving our white B200 CDI SE Exec Auto. After 9 months, 6500 miles and no faults, we still think we made the right choice. If I was to be really picky, I'd mention the slight transmission whine between 36-40mph and the gruff noise from the engine when accelerating, but that's it.

I love the whole look of the car including the screen it looks great! Coming from a seat altea the sport looks so much better in every way. My new dilemma is 1.6 petrol or the diesel in the 180 form. I'll be doing roughly 10/12k miles a year so could probably use both. I'm not a big fan of this dpf malarkey at this moment in time and am thinking maybe the petrol. How has the dpf treated you?

I think the type of driving can be conducive or not to dpf regeneration rather that total miles. If you regularly do some decent runs than you ought to be ok. The mileage is more a financial thing. Diesels cost more, so you may want to consider fuel savings against this. You may prefer a more 'torguey' engine. Just an opinion though, I am no expert. I have no issues so far with my dpf but up to recently was doing 18k a year and 60% motorway.

I had on a few occasions a T245 (gen 1 B class) as a loan car and thought it was pretty poor on quite a few fronts. My Aunt then wanted to change her car and we went to look at the W176 (A class) which we discounted on the boot size/access. Had a drive in a T245 B200 CDI blueefficiency sport manual and was really shocked how good it was, much better than the first gen car, so good that she bought it.

Well I suppose it will all come down to the test drive. I do like the low down torque of a diesel to be honest but like the refinement of a petrol. Thanks for the replys guys.

Did you see my post under B200-Your thoughts? Elderlygent.

The latest Mercedes B class is a bit of a welcome contradiction in terms. Its a MPV/small people carrier :eek: Mercedes prefers to call a Compact Sports Tourer. :cool: Its a German car made in Kecskemét Hungary based on the new A class floor platform designed with the help of Renault. - and they have made a few MPV's in their day. Arguably a more successful use of the platform than the A class they have proved very popular with their owners- the indication of a clever design. Price has perhaps held back their wider adoption. Its a pity they havn't developed a rechargeable hybrid version as yet to combat their BMW mini platform based series 2 active tourer rival.

I seem to recall being told that B Class's bound for the UK are built in the Rastatt plant, Germany - I know mine was :)

I have only driven the B180 2007 for a couple of days the ride was awful,I know a old guy who has a 2012 one with 18inch wheels with run flats,I would not even drive that,it must be like being hit in the kidneys with a hammer going over the bumps.

I have only driven the B180 2007 for a couple of days the ride was awful,I know a old guy who has a 2012 one with 18inch wheels with run flats,I would not even drive that,it must be like being hit in the kidneys with a hammer going over the bumps.

We have the 2012 B180d Sport with 18's & run flats. We love it. Not sure what the problem is. :dk:

The B is the next logical step for me - now that the W169 A Class is no more - and I'm trying to get one as a loan car during my next service. Main thing for me is to assess the ride - some reviews think its too choppy, even the 'comfort' version.

Ask your dealer for an extended test drive.
R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom