• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Badly Cut Finger on Sw213

Rowanlaw

Car
S213
Embarrassing moment yesterday when I was delivering some boxes to a friend. He badly cut his finger picking up a box from from the boot of my new e-class estate(S213). Beware,the boot catch (see attached) has a seriously sharp edge!

Attachments

• IMG_4994.jpg
    IMG_4994.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Wow perhaps a letter to Mb R & D wouldn't go amiss just pointing this out, never really took much notice on any of my cars. Having small children i will have a look.

He was just scooping up a box I had pushed to the back and caught his finger on the inside edge of this boot mechanism.

Grim. A rubber grommet would help as a retrofit...

A grommet , or even a bead of silicon sealant round there , might have a practical quick fix .

Next time your friend is in the car , make sure you have Badfinger on the CD player. :devil: :D

can't see your buddy's finger in your picture, was finger cut all the way through the bone hanging half dead from the rest of the finger?
i bet it was messy and gory like in The Re-Animator :eek:

It was a very clean but deep incision to his index finger- his innards spilled out slowly from the cut until his still-beating heart hung from the said digit. A powerful vacuum cleaner applied at the opposite end resolved the situation sucking all bodily organs back to their rightful place!
Apologies for lack of gore in first account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom