• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Battery dead?

According to Mercedes main dealer the car won't recognise any batteries apart from a mercedes battery
That’s ridiculous, you can use any batttery of the same type and size as the original,

What I can’t understand if why haven’t the garage that fitted it haven’t told you more info, they should have been able to test it.
Have you thoughts about fitting it yourself?

I think your garage wants commission on the parts instead.
Will it be possible to fit the new battery yourself?

If the battery was cheap, was it one of those Chinese fakes that have a tiny 12v battery inserted inside and fill the rest of the space up with concrete to make it look like a normal battery and feel the same weight?

Any news on this intriguing battery issue ?

Got them to fit a better battery so working now. Next problem is rear passenger window won't close up automatically. Have to shunt it with window switch.
Been told a couple of tricks to re set it but won't work, what a surprise

Got them to fit a better battery so working now. Next problem is rear passenger window won't close up automatically. Have to shunt it with window switch.
Been told a couple of tricks to re set it but won't work, what a surprise

The windows don't auto close on any car in the rears , only down. It's a safety feature for childrens heads and limbs.

The windows don't auto close on any car in the rears , only down. It's a safety feature for childrens heads and limbs.
Coupe works by dropping windows slightly so door can open. When door is shut, front window shuts, then back shunts up

So it was a duff battery all the time ? What sort was it, will you send it back ?
I guess you have tried holding the window up on the switch for a 10 seconds or so ?

So it was a duff battery all the time ? What sort was it, will you send it back ?
I guess you have tried holding the window up on the switch for a 10 seconds or so ?
Dunno about battery. It had the voltage, didn't like the car. It's going back tomorrow. It was like for like, stop/ start.
I ve done the window trick, didn't work, but found another thread saying you have to have all doors closed. I tried with drivers open. I'll try again but it won't work, that sort of thing doesn't for me

Coupe works by dropping windows slightly so door can open. When door is shut, front window shuts, then back shunts up
I know I owned one for 4 years. What are you trying to say . That it won't shut the 1 cm it dropped by after closing the door ?

You obviously need the doors shut firstly. Then press down , hold button 5 seconds , press up , hold button for 5 seconds, if the glass drops 1cm immediately press up again and hold 5 seconds.

5 to 10 seconds holding button when the glass is at the bottom and at the top. You can sometimes hear a faint click when the position is stored.

Last edited:
I am curious about the battery issue. Recently my ride on lawnmower would not start- stuttering noise from starter. Battery was showing 12.5v and was under warranty. I left mower into a repair outfit who replaced the battery, they said battery had a dead cell. I returned the 'dead cell' battery to where it was bought. They came back to say their battery was 100%.

It is weird that a battery showing 12.9 v won’t even put the dash lights on, even with a dead cell at that voltage the lights would come on, something strange here.

It is weird that a battery showing 12.9 v won’t even put the dash lights on, even with a dead cell at that voltage the lights would come on, something strange here.
Very. It eludes common sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom