• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Battery dead?

It is weird that a battery showing 12.9 v won’t even put the dash lights on, even with a dead cell at that voltage the lights would come on, something strange here.
It's starting to be a strange car. Yes, garage put on a more expensive one and everything fine. The bloke online was getting shorty saying it's fully charged, brand new, garage doesn't know how to fit a battery! It'll probably run a car, just not mine. And now with this new battery, passenger window playing up.

It's starting to be a strange car. Yes, garage put on a more expensive one and everything fine. The bloke online was getting shorty saying it's fully charged, brand new, garage doesn't know how to fit a battery! It'll probably run a car, just not mine. And now with this new battery, passenger window playing up.
Nowt to do with battery . The cars lost it's memory settings that's all. 👍

The new battery is not responsible for the window issue.

Strange the more expensive one fixed the issues, you need to go Halfords to get the battery checked, my thoughts are nothing wrong with it, plus the fact the garage didn’t have the knowledge to check it themselves.
Guess we will never know.

Still be interested what make of battery was purchased and from where for reference.

Still be interested what make of battery was purchased and from where for reference.
Advanced battery supplies. He said they were Exide with his stickers on. Had zero people skills

Interesting, I’ve bought 2 Exide EK800 batteries for both my Mercs recently, worked perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom