• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Battery in keyfob not lasting long

c_h_r_i_s

Car
None
Hi,

I have a 2002 clk and for some reason I keep having to change the battery in the keyfob. I've had it now for only 4 months and have had to change the battery 3 times! I've tried re-syncing it by holding down the lock button and pressing the unlock button 5 times, which didn't work.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Thanks.

So does the fob not work, what with you saying about 're-synching'?

Or is the key just eating batteries?

There is no re-syncing required with those keys. I've never had a fob battery go flat, but I've also only ever replaced them with MB batteries which cost a couple of pounds more than from the supermarket but who knows?

You should have at least one spare key, how is that for batteries?

Where do you keep your key when your not driving? do you have it in your pocket where the button could be pressed/held down by accident for long periods of time?

Hi,
I use to get this on one of my cars, I changed where i got the batteries from, I believed where I had been buying them had had them on the shelves for years though they were still in date, anyway it seemed to solve my issues.

You should have at least one spare key, how is that for batteries?

Unfortunately, I don't have a spare key.

Where do you keep your key when your not driving? do you have it in your pocket where the button could be pressed/held down by accident for long periods of time?

No, it's normally kept on my desk. I don't even use the car every day so there is no chance of the buttons being 'over pressed'.

Hi,
I use to get this on one of my cars, I changed where i got the batteries from, I believed where I had been buying them had had them on the shelves for years though they were still in date, anyway it seemed to solve my issues.

Thanks andy27168, but I've been using Duracell's from Tesco so it's unlikely that they are old. I will try some of the MB batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom