Been missing: Reasons why

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Congratulations on the new car, you made the right choice about getting it ceramic coated.
I was a sceptic, but its fantastic, so glad I got my own car coated.

Love it. And no doubt you also do. Enjoy it to the fullest.

Went to pick it up from the detailer today who spent a bit of time explaining what he's done to the car and why. It started with the usual washing and claying, then a full machine polish to eliminate any swirls and holograms, of which there were a few I was told. This process took nearly the whole of the first day.

After that, the coating was added, this being Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer followed by EXOv4 on the top as a top glossy layer. He's also treated all the glass and interior with various other Gtechniq products, he is an agent for them, though he's not done the wheels and suggested that they get left for a few months.

The car looked absolutely stunning when I collected it, it made up for me not having a dealer handover I suppose, and I'm hoping that it will remain this way for many months to come. I will miss the detailing bit myself, especially waxing and polishing, but there's nothing much for me to do now with this level of finish. I'll still be washing it and will possibly invest in a DI vessel, although I may not need this as I do have a wash regime which involves thoroughly drying the car, initially with an airline and then a waffle weave towel.

A few pictures from when I picked it up to follow but none when I got it back home as it got wet on the way and I now have several other issue with a non-starting Lexus. :(

20191009_090837.jpg

20191009_090856.jpg

20191009_090947.jpg

20191009_091022.jpg

20191009_090915.jpg

Last one just to show the stripy carpet. :D

What a stunning motor! Congrats! :D

The car looked absolutely stunning when I collected it, it made up for me not having a dealer handover I suppose, and I'm hoping that it will remain this way for many months to come

The car is stunning Dave. I had mine done three years ago and still has the same silky touch :) I'm not sure why he didn't do the wheels, it makes a great difference in cleaning them. I top up with GTechniq C5 Wheel armour.

I'm not sure why he didn't do the wheels, it makes a great difference in cleaning them.

Apparently it was my fault Peter as I didn't leave him enough time. :)

Basically he wanted an extra half day which I didn't have as I had other things planned for the car today.

I see you have the top leather option... Very plush!

Need comfort at my age John...

Can only say ' Spectacular ' looks even more desirable after the treatment!

I'd love to know what size of mower they used on the carpets. Was it done by the same guy who does the pitch at Old Trafford?:dk:

Beautiful car, now it’s ceramic coated some snow foam and a light bucket wash will be done with ease

Highly recommend a Klin Korea drying towel, inexpensive and they hold water like the most stubborn bladder!

I'd love to know what size of mower they used on the carpets.

An Edwin Budding special. ;)
To be honest, it's something I always used to do on my cars when I did my own and the detailer was aware of this, hence the little extra care taken over something which could be classed as trivial to most people. Only put in with a brush (I used to do mine with a vacuum cleaner) but has the desired effect and made me smile...

Was it done by the same guy who does the pitch at Old Trafford?:dk:

I'll assume you mean the proper Old Trafford and not the Salford place at the other end of Warwick Rd where they play some ungentlemanly game? :D

Beautiful car, now it’s ceramic coated some snow foam and a light bucket wash will be done with ease

Highly recommend a Klin Korea drying towel, inexpensive and they hold water like the most stubborn bladder!

Detailing guy actually gave me one of these towels yesterday Ash, I've always used a waffle weave but he suggested I tried it out.

That interior........I have just done a sex wee!:p

Carpet 'mowing' GLE stylee. Using Dyson Animal 5" 'mower'... It's a bigger area, but nothing like as posh as yours.:cool:

IMG_0016.jpeg

I've always used a waffle weave but he suggested I tried it out.

That's what I've always used, interested in what you think Dave ?

Surely it’s worth getting a DI vessel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom