Best Blackberry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In my experience, the thread title is an oxymoron.

Not that I'm overly impressed with my 4S either though.

I like phones with buttons and my present phone is well old!!
I've been looking at the B/berry torch 9800 because that has a touch screen also.
I have now come across lots of other models, I want internet access, a good camera/video.
To be honest I will not use internet services that much but would like it for emergencies like last minute ebay bidding when I'm not at home.
Also I'll be going on holiday and will need to have access to my email and forums.
So which would people recommend?
Cheers.

I used to be like that; 'I'll never own a daft touch screen phone!'.

It pained me to buy an iPhone at first because I've got a natural suspicion of anything popular, but besides the quite pitiful battery life it wipes the floor with the BB offerings that I've owned.

And for the record, I'm no Apple fanboy I just think the iPhone is the best on the market through my own experiences.

I love my new Bold with touch screen,, have had most models of Bberry. The torch used to annoy me a bit with its slide screen..

Sorry to hijack the thread but since the new playbook software release the otherday, I have to say that £160 for the 16GB playbook is an absolute steal now.

Seriously folks, this is now a great bit of kit for the money - get one before others realise and the price goes back up.

If you have a Blackberry too, the new remote control functions are superb.

So how would this compare to the ipad?

So how would this compare to the ipad?

Its a damned sight cheaper :D

I prefer the smaller 7" format which just about fits inside a jacket pocket. With an Ipad you need a case/bag. CPU is 1ghz dual core so plenty fast enough. The big gripe initially was lack of applications but with the new OS it will run Android apps so not such an issue anymore. It also has native email and calendering which was the biggest gripe at launch.

I use primarily it for mail, internet, games, books, news, movies and photo's. I also use it for free video calls back home when working abroad and to connect to my works Citrix infrastructure over the web.

No-one would dispute that the Ipad is a more polished product but for a mere £160, it is a better device than any other tablet up to double the price.

Its a damned sight cheaper :D

I prefer the smaller 7" format which just about fits inside a jacket pocket. With an Ipad you need a case/bag. CPU is 1ghz dual core so plenty fast enough. The big gripe initially was lack of applications but with the new OS it will run Android apps so not such an issue anymore. It also has native email and calendering which was the biggest gripe at launch.

I use primarily it for mail, internet, games, books, news, movies and photo's. I also use it for free video calls back home when working abroad and to connect to my works Citrix infrastructure over the web.

No-one would dispute that the Ipad is a more polished product but for a mere £160, it is a better device than any other tablet up to double the price.

Thanks for that Sp!ke , I may give one a go!! Do you have any info on apps etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom