BI XENON CLK 2009 CONVERSION WIRING HELP!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You are wrong, why do you think auto leveling is fitted as standard with these lamps? Also, your originals had manual leveling and again it was for a good reason.

Xenon lights have a greater potential to dazzle ergo self levelling is fitted as standard. You cannot level the lights and have that one setting suitable for all load configurations.
I only ever have myself or 1 passenger

Blimey, just revisited this thread, its running and running.
I'd fit them, set them manually for you and your one passenger and if you get a decent, level headed mit tester you'll be fine.
My left hand auto adjuster is broken so only the o/s one does its up down cycle on start up.
They are both adjusted for height correctly and it's not failed its MOT.
Make of that what you will. :)

Blimey, just revisited this thread, its running and running.
I'd fit them, set them manually for you and your one passenger and if you get a decent, level headed mit tester you'll be fine.
My left hand auto adjuster is broken so only the o/s one does its up down cycle on start up.
They are both adjusted for height correctly and it's not failed its MOT.
Make of that what you will. :)

BTW, I have the old vacume pipes now hanging, if I seal it up it should be fine?

I only ever have myself or 1 passenger

So if I never under any circumstances drive at night or in poor conditions may I forego functioning headlamps?
You cannot justify getting around regulations that are in place for the safety of others with such an excuse, what if / when you sell the car and others do add more load?

... Oh my, im outa here...
... Its getting too hot in this kitchen!! ;)

... Oh my, im outa here...
... Its getting too hot in this kitchen!! ;)
Wimp :D:D:D:D

Just trying to make the point that these systems are designed to work together for a reason, you may find a lazy MOT tester that does not notice but safety related items should be fitted / maintained etc.

Never mind the MoT, it's what you expose others on the road to.
If you're going to do it, do it properly...

...Only thing I'd say is I despise the yellow high beams, I have looked into the led h7s with built in ballast but not sure whether the car will flag this up as an error or if it will even work out.

Just fit bright H7 bulbs for the high beam... I have the Osram NightBreaker Silver, they are bright white. Cheap and legal. And while you have them in the car you can keep plotting how to properly upgrade them to something else.......

You could also go for blue tint, e.g. Osram Cool Blue, though personally I find blue-tinted lights tacky.

Including the level sensors and levelling motors?
The OP has already stated he has the level sensors, although it's still unsure why he had them.
The leveling motors are part of the headlamp unit.

The OP has already stated he has the level sensors, although it's still unsure why he had them.
The leveling motors are part of the headlamp unit.
The level sensors were taken from the axles and a response to the other fella, I did say on star I can see cornering illumination, so I'm sure that will explain whether I have star or know someone with star

I am speculating that the OP may have a donor car, which is where he got the HID headlamps from, so when he says he 'has the level sensors' he means he can remove them from the donor car?

If so, are the headlamp washers on the donor cars, or on the OP's car?

(removing a loom from a donor is obviously more complicated)

Sorry it was plain simple, headlights were removed, sensors kn axle were removed that's all, they're not hid they're oem bi xenons

Sorry it was plain simple, headlights were removed, sensors kn axle were removed that's all, they're not hid they're oem bi xenons

High Intensity Discharge (HID) is the official term for 'Xenon'.

While HID bulbs indeed use Xenon gas, there are also traditional incandescent bulbs that are filled with Xenon gas (instead of Halogen), so HID is a more accurate term then 'Xenon'. But both can be used.

The reason that there are still H7 Halogen flasher bulbs with the 'Bi-Xenon' set-up, is that HID bulbs take time to ignite, so not ideal for flashing.

If it is so simple why not just get on with it and do it properly? As explained they ARE HID.

High Intensity Discharge = Xenon, Bi- Xenon Lights are just using the same bulb for dipped beam and adding to High beam.

Removed from where? The OPs car or a donor car? Im struggling to follow what the OP is trying to do, what parts he has and where he got them from...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom