• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Biggest Gripe

Road Tax. Election coming why don't they bring back road tax for all vehicles. You can afford a classic car but don't pay road tax cos don't use it enough. Plus all these so called low emissions etc. If they use the road pay the tax that's what I say.
You are in a minority of one .

Those of us with classic cars have paid taxes all our lives , and probably run other vehicles as well .

This welcome initiative helps to keep historic vehicles around .

Also , disabled people who qualify for mobility allowance don’t pay VED either , neither do emergency vehicles .

You hadn’t thought this through before you posted , had you ?

Shame on you for your greedy , selfish attitude .

Last edited:
Of course no one wants to pay more tax. It just seems unfair to me that if you use the road you have to have a more modern car. We cant all afford that anyway.
No you don’t , it isn’t compulsory , plenty of useable everyday cars are now VED exempt - early 190s for example , most W123s , R107s , early Golfs , practically all air cooled VWs , the list is endless .

Slow down needless manufacturing of new vehicles and do the planet a favour . The manufacturing process is the most polluting part of any vehicle’s lifespan , so it makes sense to make them last as long as possible , so those of us who run historic vehicles are rewarded financially , this is recognised by most countries , and rightly so .

Last edited:
I am willing to bet that PPM will be in addition, not instead of. Unless you are on benefits etc. etc. etc.

Bitter, me? KIK
It will most likely be in urban areas , not rural , with charges based on ANPR cameras .

You lot sound like conspiracy theorists, next you'll be saying they control the weather and oil is actually a renewable energy and politicians sometimes lie 😉

Oh wait....
In the very long term , oil IS renewable : we all turn into it in the fullness of time

The manufacturing process is the most polluting part of any vehicle’s lifespan , so it makes sense to make them last as long as possible ,
Where did you get that little gem from????....cuz it's BS!😃

From the SMMT...

It is estimated that of the CO2 emissions produced over a car's lifespan 10% come from its manufacture and 5% from its disposal, with the remaining 85% coming from fuel use and servicing operations.

What you have given us there is a great argument for replacing an old ice car with an EV or low poluting ice car rather than against it....but I won't be!

Also the worst polluting 10 percent of cars produce 50 % of the emissions. Another reason to replace an old daily driver. Enthusiast owned proper classics tend to do a tiny mileage.....so the pollution is negligible.....until you use one as a daily.

Also the worst polluting 10 percent of cars produce 50 % of the emissions. Another reason to replace an old daily driver. Enthusiast owned proper classics tend to do a tiny mileage.....so the pollution is negligible.....until you use one as a daily.
Being as pedantic as you, I need to correct you. Transport accounts for around one-fifth of global carbon dioxide emissions, with cars contributing about 40% of that. So cars only produce less than 10% of CO2 emissions in total.

(Other emissions are available.)

Being as pedantic as you, I need to correct you. Transport accounts for around one-fifth of global carbon dioxide emissions, with cars contributing about 40% of that. So cars only produce less than 10% of CO2 emissions in total.

(Other emissions are available.)
Clearly I meant 50% of car emissions....not global emissions!!!.....obviously not clearly enough!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom