• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

BMW Map Updates

colinallcars

Car
B180, SLK 230
I know there are quite a few BMW owners on here (some even admit to it!) so I’m hoping I’ll get the answer. We’ve just bought a 2 Series convertible (F23 model) and the three year free map update period has expired. Looking on the myBMW website suggests that a one year subscription at £69 will give 3 or 4 map updates in this timeframe. This seems pretty good value to me (especially compared to MB) or am I misreading it?

That £69 should get you Apple Carplay installed , if you dont mind a bit of DIY.

Carplay will get you Google Maps (and other Apps) which i found a better option on my F32 than the Connected Drive.

K

That £69 should get you Apple Carplay installed , if you dont mind a bit of DIY.

Carplay will get you Google Maps (and other Apps) which i found a better option on my F32 than the Connected Drive.

K
Thanks, something I’ve considered but want to keep it stock to avoid possible warranty problems. Just trying to understand if I’ve interpreted this correctly.

Just trying to understand if I’ve interpreted this correctly.

I signed up for the Connected Drive once my F32 got to four years old , in 2021, and it did give four over the air map updates - 2021 - 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 .

Latterly the maps were only available to download to a USB which is then plugged into the vehicle and uploaded to the iDrive so maybe an idea to check if the updates are OTA or downloadable.

K

I signed up for the Connected Drive once my F32 got to four years old , in 2021, and it did give four over the air map updates - 2021 - 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 .

Latterly the maps were only available to download to a USB which is then plugged into the vehicle and uploaded to the iDrive so maybe an idea to check if the updates are OTA or downloadable.

K
They only seem to be offering Over the Air (ota) which keeps installation simple I guess.
I’ve seen a number of people suggesting the time to buy is Black Friday. BMW go in for this and offer price reductions and various product bundles. Not something I pay much attention to so next question, when is Black Friday?

I think it is at the start of November, however you may only have a limited time to renew after the initial expiry date.

May be worth a call to their help desk regarding the above and its suitability.

If you have a question on BMW ConnectedDrive, let us know how we can help.

HOW TO REACH US.

Call us on: 0370 5050 157

Calls are free of charge from all consumer landlines and mobile phones.

We're here:
Monday – Friday, 8am – 7pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9am – 5pm

K

I think it is at the start of November, however you may only have a limited time to renew after the initial expiry date.

May be worth a call to their help desk regarding the above and its suitability.

If you have a question on BMW ConnectedDrive, let us know how we can help.

HOW TO REACH US.

Call us on: 0370 5050 157

Calls are free of charge from all consumer landlines and mobile phones.

We're here:
Monday – Friday, 8am – 7pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9am – 5pm

K
Will do, many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom