Which S Class W221 should I buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So which big luxury car did you go for in the end?

I took one of the other posters advice on here. He knows Cambridgeshire roads well and said a sporty car would be more fun on all these winding b-roads rather than driving a big barge around so I'm on the look-out for Audi TT S.

Thanks guys.

I took one of the other posters advice on here. He knows Cambridgeshire roads well and said a sporty car would be more fun on all these winding b-roads rather than driving a big barge around so I'm on the look-out for Audi TT S.

Thanks guys.
Doors to manual [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

When I stayed down that way for a few months, driving around the Ely, March,Cambridge etc area I had one of my lexus ls400s, nice roads to blast down, very fast and windy, not to many tight corners,very flat so you dont need so much grunt.
I could see a TT running out of steam on those roads, they're more of a point and squirt kind of car.

I would think more of an E class or 5 series would be a good car down there if you are planning to use a car to its potential.

Where I live my car is much to powerful for the roads, they are very twisty and short, a smaller lower powered car would have been more suited. My old SL350 was actually better for the roads than my sl63 is, I did look at a few porsche and toyed with the idea of Bentley and Aston.
But then I bought the car I wanted not necessary the best car for the purpose.

When I stayed down that way for a few months, driving around the Ely, March,Cambridge etc area I had one of my lexus ls400s, nice roads to blast down, very fast and windy, not to many tight corners,very flat so you dont need so much grunt.
I could see a TT running out of steam on those roads, they're more of a point and squirt kind of car.

I would think more of an E class or 5 series would be a good car down there if you are planning to use a car to its potential.

Where I live my car is much to powerful for the roads, they are very twisty and short, a smaller lower powered car would have been more suited. My old SL350 was actually better for the roads than my sl63 is, I did look at a few porsche and toyed with the idea of Bentley and Aston.
But then I bought the car I wanted not necessary the best car for the purpose.
Slightly off topic but can I ask you how you find the fuel consumption stacks up against your SL 350? Reason I ask is I quite fancy upgrading to the SL63 next time round but unfortunately it is my daily driver and the wife's shopping trolley, the SL500 is giving 20mpg around town and 30mpg on a run, also any suspension issues on the R231?

I don't use the 63 much, but the long trips I've done in it it was more economical than the 350.
Around town and around the country roads its obviously a lot less, but it's much much more fun, a totally different car, you can't really compare them apart from the look.
I think if I remember rightly my 63 has averaged about 22-23mpg since I've owned it. Mine is the 5.5 bi turbo and I've had no issues at all with it, I've only had it 6 months.... Fingers crossed.

I don't use the 63 much, but the long trips I've done in it it was more economical than the 350.
Around town and around the country roads its obviously a lot less, but it's much much more fun, a totally different car, you can't really compare them apart from the look.
I think if I remember rightly my 63 has averaged about 22-23mpg since I've owned it. Mine is the 5.5 bi turbo and I've had no issues at all with it, I've only had it 6 months.... Fingers crossed.
That's impressive sounds similar to my 500 which only has 4.7l, I am hoping the R231 is more reliable than the predecessors, if I upgrade to your model I could only stretch to a 4 year old so reliability will be important to me as I head towards retirement....

Mines over 4 years old now and not quite done 30k, it's still got an extended manufactures warranty which I'll probably extend.
I can't see it costing that much more than my 350, I'm taxing the 63 throughout the year instead of parking it over winter, as with the 350 everytime it came out for summer it needed work because it was stood to long.

I had the roof down at 7am Christmas day

That's what you get them for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom