• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Brake bed in advice

Funkyboy

Car
E class
Hi All,

Just replaced set of rear discs and pads on my 14 plate e class. Looking online there's mixed messages about bedding in process. Some saying it's essential some saying just drive normally? Anyone have any experience of this?
Thanks

Hi All,

Just replaced set of rear discs and pads on my 14 plate e class. Looking online there's mixed messages about bedding in process. Some saying it's essential some saying just drive normally? Anyone have any experience of this?
Thanks
Recommend just no seriously hard silly braking for a few hundred miles . You'll be fine. 👍

Never bedded in a set of discs and pads , just drive normally without any initial unwarranted heavy braking.

There is ,however, a bedding in process if the internal handbrake shoes have been replaced on some vehicles.

K

I was once told for the first few runs out try not to brake with any real force right down to a full stop as some of the hot pad material can get embedded into the disk when youve fully stopped and sometimes it can cause a slight pulsing as the disks wear. Just a nice steady braking force and come to a gentle stop and release.

Just drive as you'd normal;luy drive an e class. There is no way you could every get the rear brakes hot enough as needed by some other disc and pad combinations on the front axle of a car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom