• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Brake pad warning light has come on after pads changed

Valleyview

Car
R172 SLK
SLK R172 brake pads replaced approx 2 months ago less than 250 miles completed. Brake pad check light has come back on. I understand this cannot be re set.
Do brake sensors now have to be replaced

SLK R172 brake pads replaced approx 2 months ago less than 250 miles completed. Brake pad check light has come back on. I understand this cannot be re set.
Do brake sensors now have to be replaced
Im not sure but ive just got similar. When i get a minute i'll wiggle the connections of the sensor, or just buy a new sensor. They're only about £7 from ECP (for the E). I may have knocked a sensor when i was changing the front drop links.

Depending on the year of your car wear sensors may be fitted to just one wheel. The sensors should be changed with the pads, trying to get them out of the old pads normally destroys them.

It will just be the sensor. Probably just needs pushing in even if it's a replacement they are only £7

I'm guessing you haad the front and rear done? If so, check if you got new sensors and if yes, the connections - just take it back to the place you had them done

Another possibility is that you have a sensor on the rear and that's what is causing the warning, not the fronts! I did not know my S204 had a rear pad wear sensor, assumed the warning was for the fronts - which were 7-8 years and 50k miles old - so took it in expecting the fronts to be changed and a bill for about £160. Within an hour had a call from the garage, the fronts were fine, the rear NS caliper had completely failed so new caliper, pads, sensor and discs needed. Bill for that was £665, just what you don't need a couple of weeks before Xmas!!

I carry a stock of parts for my CLK to prevent big repair bills. Currently have complete rear brake overhaul bits, rear suspension arms, engine and gearbox mountings, track rod ends, gearbox service kit, oil change and all filters, wiper arms, serpentine belt. Some other odds and ends, trim clips and injector seals Honda ones rather than MB, more bulbs than a Christmas Tree.

Genuine AMG door pins, dead pedal foot rest, Fiamm air horns also waiting to be fitted.

It will just be the sensor. Probably just needs pushing in even if it's a replacement they are only £7
Pushing it into the hole won't make any difference,if the lights on the end will be worn away .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom