Break checked and crashed

• Thread starter Deleted member 108742
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The sense of having lost a war? :D

The sense of having lost a war? :D
No Sorry got it wrong
Its called food security ol mate.
Argentina like the US and Canada has the capability of feeding its entire population in time of crisis the UK doesn't. (In fact as sidebar the USA feeds the world)
You should all know all this anyway from your formal schooling, (IF YOU paid attention), and the only time the UK Gubbermint has ever took it seriously was during the last world war. (1939 to 1945)
I don't think it takes it seriously, even today with the BREXIT business & ineptitude .

Now as for losing a war, the UK hanging on the shirt tails of the USA has just lost a 20 year old war losing a lot of blood and treasure. (Isn't there an expression about glass houses & stones in our vocabulary?)
Back in Napoleonic war time British Army got its **** kicked in Argentina & Uruguay by invading, because yes, in those days our forefathers knew we were food insecure as an expansionist empire, having been kicked out of North America by fellow Brits happily gone rogue !
Look up Battle of the of the River Plate & capitulation by the commander Lord Beresford.

Some info for weekend digestion about Argentina.
Its interior has a very large area called the Pampa and its very fertile. Running through the area are three rivers that allow for cheap transportation of AG products out into the River Plate confluence & deep water ports
Being in the southern hemisphere it has cold winters that kill off food destroying insects reducing crop yield.
It has an abundance of fish in the southern ocean.
In the north it has a lot of mineral deposits including lithium which as we know is an emerging business with modern energy storage systems.
Shall I carry on or do you get the picture?
Tuercas viejas
p.s. keep that larder of yours stocked up because I am old enough to remember food & petrol rationing in the UK as a kid.

Last edited:
Ah, yes....:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Exactly that's why foreigners consider Brits to be totally mad & eccentric,
The series program and the whacking of a dead car in another episode with a tree branch just cements that! :D
We really are collectively these days a nation of muddling bastards! :D:eek:
Of course the car in question was a BRITISH Leyland product talk about beating a dead horse ! 👿
Tuercas viejas

keep that larder of yours stocked up because I am old enough to remember food & petrol rationing in the UK as a kid.
How old are you exactly?

p.s. I'm just waiting for Aidroos to chip in...:crazy:

Exactly that's why foreigners consider Brits to be totally mad & eccentric,
The series program and the whacking of a dead car in another episode with a tree branch just cements that! :D
We really are collectively these days a nation of muddling bastards! :D:eek:
Of course the car in question was a BRITISH Leyland product talk about beating a dead horse ! 👿
Tuercas viejas
You obviously don't 'get' Fawlty Towers; too much time in America, where mass market humour is as subtle as a Thousand Bomber Raid and broadly aimed at the lowest-common-denominator pig-thick redneck constituency, perhaps? I think you really should include yourself out of 'we' in this context.

Look up the other Battle of the River Plate, which Britain won. Like the Falklands...and the Napoleonic Wars...

I'm not sure what all this has to do with this or any other thread on a Mercedes forum; it's so far off topic now, it's hard to believe.

Oh, and by the way, it's 'Pampas' and 'cojones', or it was when I was at school. 😀

Last edited:
Its interior has a very large area called the Pampa and its very fertile. Running through the area are three rivers that allow for cheap transportation of AG products out into the River Plate confluence & deep water ports
Being in the southern hemisphere it has cold winters that kill off food destroying insects reducing crop yield.
In the north it has a lot of mineral deposits including lithium which as we know is an emerging business with modern energy storage systems.

Hmmmmm.... I'm thinking maybe we should revive an old English tradition and have an East Argentina Trading Company... who's the current Earl of Cumberland.....?

No not quite
I am a naturalized Venezuelan and have business interest in the USA & Argentina .
Hence I have permanent residency rights to both places, but still have a Brit/Ven passports and a CITIZEN of both, and you ?
Argentina !!
Can you find it on the map, and can you tell me something about Argentina that the UK doesn't have ?
Go to a UK grocery store near you for a clue! !
Tuercas viejas
Wow you really do think you are a big deal so how does this compare .............

I have had homes in 8 countries lived in 13 and traveled to even more. At one point, I owned properties on 3 continents. I am a citizen of 3 countries (have 2 current passports but do not bother with the third). None are British but I could get a British passport because of my residency here).

There are a couple of places where I have lived & worked, that you have probably never heard of, let alone be able to find on a map.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

PS. Due to the fact that parts of Argentina lies in the tropics, there will be many products that the UK does not produce. e.g. Sugarcane, citrus...........

Anymore quizzes?

No Sorry got it wrong
Its called food security ol mate.
Argentina like the US and Canada has the capability of feeding its entire population in time of crisis the UK doesn't. (In fact as sidebar the USA feeds the world)
You should all know all this anyway from your formal schooling, (IF YOU paid attention), and the only time the UK Gubbermint has ever took it seriously was during the last world war. (1939 to 1945)
I don't think it takes it seriously, even today with the BREXIT business & ineptitude .

Now as for losing a war, the UK hanging on the shirt tails of the USA has just lost a 20 year old war losing a lot of blood and treasure. (Isn't there an expression about glass houses & stones in our vocabulary?)
Back in Napoleonic war time British Army got its **** kicked in Argentina & Uruguay by invading, because yes, in those days our forefathers knew we were food insecure as an expansionist empire, having been kicked out of North America by fellow Brits happily gone rogue !
Look up Battle of the of the River Plate & capitulation by the commander Lord Beresford.

Shall I carry on or do you get the picture?
Tuercas viejas
p.s. keep that larder of yours stocked up because I am old enough to remember food & petrol rationing in the UK as a kid.
Why are you bragging about Argentina? Besides the fact that you do business with them, why are you so proud of them?

How many innocent people did they kill off after 1976 (30,000) ?

Let’s talk about Venezuela...oops sorry I forgot, completely corrupt and broke.

You need to pull your neck in.

C'mon chaps, can we get back on topic?
I thought we were talking about motor bycycles, or was it bananas?

I’m also old enough to remember both of those. The first being the result of a little known skirmish between 1939 and 1945, the second initially due to that same skirmish then briefly reinstated in the mid 50s because of an argument in the Middle East. So what?

C'mon chaps, can we get back on topic?
I thought we were talking about motor bycycles, or was it bananas?
No don’t, I love seeing these way off topic discussions. They send some folk bananas, so that’s exactly what you said was being talked about ;)

Reactions: m80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom