Buying a DA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought the Argos one after reading a few reviews as it is rebranded under many different names, some costing quite a bit more than Argos.
It is in fact a lower price than you can buy one from Aliexpress :D

Buy Slim's Detailing Dual Action DAS6 Machine Polisher & Pad Kit

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/polishers-steam-cleaners/halfords-dual-action-car-polisher

It is perfectly fine for my requirements and surprisingly well built with 600w motor with 8mm throw so the same as the DAS6 so probably a clone.
I bought a number of different backing plates and pads from this eBay store which was recommended by the forensic detailing channel on YouTube - zfestoreuk | eBay Stores

Last edited:
Mercedes use an extremely hard clearcoat so there is very little chance you will damage it with a D.A. polisher. In fact, I would always recommend the 900W Pro version of the DAS6 for Mercedes paint. It allows you to lean on the polisher a bit more without fear of stopping the rotation. You can currently pick one up here on promotion for £98.96 delivered:

Das 6 Pro 900W Dual Action Polisher

Be wary of buying polishing pads from eBay. Many sellers stock "hexlogic" pads but are only described as such because of the hexagonal pattern cut into the foam. They are generally cheaper than the original Chemical Guys Hex-Logic polishing pad range and it is unlikely they possess the same longevity. The adhesive used to secure the foam to the Velcro backing is often inferior and can cause separation long before even the foam itself has been rendered useless. Buy cheap, buy twice would be my warning. With its bevelled edge and central ventilation hole, the genuine Chemical Guys Hex-Logic Quantum pads are my current "go to" choice. They are available for £9.61 at the same supplier as the polisher above.

As posted in previous threads, before unleashing your new polisher on your car, I urge you to invest 54 minutes of your time for an orientation session with Autogeek's Mike Phillips, a brilliant communicator and one of the world's most foremost detailers:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have a Meguiars DA polisher. Nice bit of kit.

Used it on Toyotas, Mercs, Volkswagen, and BMW, just using the standard Maguiars cutting, polish and waxing products.

Happy with results for minimal effort. I am no expert so have always used very lightly with easy pressure and quick passover of paintwork.

I purchased the Meguiars DA polisher and as an enthusiastic amateur I've been pleased with the results. I use an assortment of products and don't stick with any one particular brand of cutting, polishing and waxing products and tend to purchase the more mainstream brands such as Autoglym, Poorboys & Meguairs which all give good results. I even managed to win a concourse event at a regional meeting, so can't be doing much wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom