C200 remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gerry1212

I was thinking on remapping my c200 for abit more power. Can it be done..????

Yes

I looked into having my 58 plate C200 cdi remapped and apparently it can only be done by removing the ECU so I didn't bother.

At the remap session I went to (as an observer), some ECU's were removed, some weren't, depending on the engine - it's not an issue.

Thanks, I just dont like the idea of the ECU being opened, I appreciate that its probably not an issue, just me being too overly concerned.

I have been very cautious in getting a remap. In the end I booked it into AD Edmundson. He has a very good reputation and seems very knowledgeable. I wouldnt worry too much about the ECU being removed, its common practice now.

I've been toying with getting my 59 plate 200 remapped.... as part of this I've done a bit of research into the differences between the 200 and 220 (204007 and 204008).

I found the following are all identical items between the 2:

displacement
Compression ratio
Cylinder Head
Camshaft
injectors
Turbo
Air Filter
Torque Converter
Gearbox

There were a few other things i looked at too, but i cant recall off the top of my head...

The only conclusion i could come to was that the only difference between the 2 was the map. I would think therefore that applying a standard 220 map would be perfectly fine and you should be safe to run a tuned 220 map....

Historically the 200 was produced to fit into insurance and emission bandings in germany I think it was the older E's that the only difference wass injectors and map and so a popular mod for them was to swicth the ecu and injectors.....

Obviously this needs further investigation, so if anyone knows the standard boost figures or has any other info then please pass it on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom