C220 struts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kerabo

Car
2006 C220 Estate
I just fitted a new front strut to my 2006 C220 sport.
Just yeahto double check. The rubber at the very top fits into a shaped sphere in the body? I could see it has its own the locating pegs That 2 miles fit into the grooves and that they differ. Can I assume it will only go in completely when it’s in the correct position?

Also on the very top under the Bonnet the special nut under the bracket that vile has locating pegs. Does it matter what direction they face as long as the bracket locates into them ? How tight should these be?
thank you however

I am having trouble understanding your post.

I think you are having trouble fitting the top mount into the hole it mounts in. Use some silicone spray on it, make sure its the right way around and use the 3 bolts to hold it in place. then tackle the lower part. You can turn the shock to locate it accurately.

I am having trouble understanding your post.

I think you are having trouble fitting the top mount into the hole it mounts in. Use some silicone spray on it, make sure its the right way around and use the 3 bolts to hold it in place. then tackle the lower part. You can turn the shock to locate it accurately.
Thanks for the reply.
yes I got it into the sphere with some soap on it.
I was just checking that if it was not in the correct place it would not go through enough to get the clamp and nut on?
Also the nut with the tags on it. Does it matter in what direction they end up three what colour starringso long as the top clamp keys into it?

thank you tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom