C250 CDi Blue Efficiency - MPG?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not really, but the new one is very efficient in comparison.

Lots of stopping in traffic and then pulling away can kill consumption, so I wouldn't even look at town figures, they tell you nothing.

Had a loan 2012 C220cdi from Mercedes last week with 12k on the clock
Auto box

My results
554493_10152142405742506_145401142_n.jpg

554493_10152142405802506_1273737857_n.jpg

just started a thread yesterday, did not see this. I have a C200CDI blue efficiency and have just travelled from Stevenage to Antibes in France via Hitchin, Bourg en Bresse and Marlieux total distance 924 miles on one tank of diesel. average consumption 77.5mpg. using cruise control wherever practical, air con all the way, and a boot full to the brim with holiday stuff. These newer engines (mines a 2012 with 14000k on the clock) are staggering if you want cheap motoring. To put this into perspective, the French tolls cost more than the fuel! The thing still goes like a scalded cat if she needs to, but when she doesn't she just purrs along eating more road than fuel. Who needs hybrid? (ok I know the planets dying, but even hybrids use fuel!)

Had my late 2012 c220 sport+ for 12,000 miles and this is the best I have managed over a full tank, usual 60 mile a day commute of mainly motorways, and that won't be happening again any time soon as it bored me silly!!

image-397535694.jpg

Here are two shots showing both my best (83.1) and running average over 12k miles (62.8) of which a quarter was urban commute and most of the remainder on m'way/A roads. C250CDI BE manual with 17" rims.

Attachments

• Image0059.jpg
    Image0059.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Image0058.jpg
    Image0058.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Thought i'd share my experience with MPG

Car: 59 plate C250 CDi BE Estate, 5g Auto.

Bought the car with 16,000 miles on the clock. Was expecting reasonable MPG, maybe 45 to the gallon? For the first few thousand miles I put on the clock the average was 32-33 mpg. Even with careful driving i could not get this to improve.

Then, around 22k miles the injectors failed (on the M6, in the fast lane. Scary)
With the new injectors the mpg was immediately better. getting low to mid 40's with the same sort of driving.

Now, with about 48,000 miles on the clock, the mpg is coming to me. a long run will yield about 53-55 mpg. (summer driving)

I guess the engine is well loosened now, and i have to say the 250 engine is a fantastic mix of reasonable economy and blistering pace when needed.

Hi my e250 cdi sport 2010 65k on clock
Does average 33mpg around town, short journeys!
45mpg on motorway doing 70 mph
Btw it's a Manual

To those getting sub 40mpg average and sub 50 at a steady 70mph check your tyre pressures. The dealers always set mine woefully low. Go towards the top end on the plate on the car...

just started a thread yesterday, did not see this. I have a C200CDI blue efficiency and have just travelled from Stevenage to Antibes in France via Hitchin, Bourg en Bresse and Marlieux total distance 924 miles on one tank of diesel. average consumption 77.5mpg. using cruise control wherever practical, air con all the way, and a boot full to the brim with holiday stuff. These newer engines (mines a 2012 with 14000k on the clock) are staggering if you want cheap motoring. To put this into perspective, the French tolls cost more than the fuel! The thing still goes like a scalded cat if she needs to, but when she doesn't she just purrs along eating more road than fuel. Who needs hybrid? (ok I know the planets dying, but even hybrids use fuel!)

Is yours an auto or manual? 924 at 77.s is only 54 litres just over 3/4 of a tankful. I have up to 70mpg on my auto in ideal warm conditions during the summer using cruise at 70 on the motorway.

I've tried searching the thread, did anyone work out the optimum MPH for a long motorway run?

From what I think I've found: it's 62mph driving constantly with no traffic, or 56mph drafting behind a lorry with as safe a gap as possible?

Hi guys, I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I need some quick help as making a decision on a 2nd hand Merc (been away for a while as had a company car, but getting myself another MB now that I'm leaving my job and the company car)...

I'm looking at a 2009 C250 and the site offers:

Urban mpg 34.9 mpg CO2 emissions 161 g/km Extra Urban mpg 64.2 mpg Annual Tax £180 Average mpg 48.7 mpg

Is this right for a BlueEfficiency C250?

Thanks (and sorry for the last minute post/thread hijacking!)

Pre 7G 'box so I guess so.

Expect around 38-42 and you won't go far wrong imho.

I've tried searching the thread, did anyone work out the optimum MPH for a long motorway run?

From what I think I've found: it's 62mph driving constantly with no traffic, or 56mph drafting behind a lorry with as safe a gap as possible?

Just returned from a double trip London to Edinburgh and showed 59.8 mpg for each run or close. Average mpg over about 2300 miles was 52.6 BUT just how accurate are the figures, anyone know?

I have a 2007/57 plate C220 Cdi Elegance automatic .

Drove motorway and above with the occasional 60 in the first lane as concentrating in the fast lane gets tiring. I know I'm supposed to measure brim to brim to get an accurate figure but i think its great anyway. The trip down from fill to my front door in Bucks cost me £42.90 when i filled up, think that's brilliant as that's what it cost in a Golf 1.9 and not driven as fast?

So anyone know how accurate the gauges are in a C class?

Both my C classes are/were about 7% optimistic.

C250 mpg

I got my C250 Cdi Sport BE Estate in January and am too surprised at the MPG, MB Cambridge has had it for 5 days for various bits and bobs and checked the software and drive-train as I reported shocking MPG.

I get 33 MPG my 11 year old C220 CDI Auto got 47MPG in the same driving conditions.

I accept the loss of MPG due to the power and performance.

It's no where near the claimed figures.

MB Cambridge leant me a brand new E220 CDI Auto BT, I got 50MPG back from Bournemouth to Cambridge today (20 March)

Got to travel to Manchester next week, will see if my C250 has improved with magical software update (was 3 behind...what ever) My 2009 320d M Sport Auto was 54 MPG all day long - I used to drive it like it was stolen!

Cheers

Simon
Cambs area

My S205 C250 sport BE says it's getting 42.7mpg over 6000 miles. This includes local and motorway driving. On an 85 mile motorway run at c80mph yesterday it got 47mpg. On the same run at 70mph it gets 51mpg. I drove an A180 back at 70mph on the same run and got 61.2mpg (C250 bricked by dealer doing a sat-nav update, hence the A180).

My previous E220 coupe averaged 47.1mpg over 52k miles. The best I got was on the M6 from Coventry to Manchester at 62.1mpg, inside lane only @56mph. Boring but fuel efficient!

The most economical speed should ideally be the speed at which the engine makes maximum torque.....

Mine @17mph = 1000revs = 64.6mph

Took mine up the A11 today. 9 degree's outside. 70 MPG Cruise on, Air Con on, both heated seats on 1. 26 miles of 40 mins mix of A roads and D/Carridgeway.

43.7MPG by far the best yet. I can only assume the software update has helped my car.

Manchester Tuesday...pushing for 50MPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom