C270 Avantgarde - Centre Console

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JudC270

Car
C270 CDI Auto
Hi all ...

I've got the CD/RADIO with the compartment underneath it rather than a screen that I think is fitted in the facelift Avantgarde version (maybe an option rather than facelift?!) ..

Forgive me; I'm learning a little here! - is it called a Double din? (or Command?) (don't laugh!:D)

Basically, I just wanted to know a few things such as -

Can I change it out and have a screen fitted instead? (with Sat Nav AND/OR TV?) Both would be pretty cool! :)

Really don't like having something stuck on the windscreen - have always done so of course.. But if there's a choice available now ...is it worth it? (Better than my Garmin / same as?)

Is this something I'd buy new? or from evilbay? And what exactly am I searching for?

I am not confident with wiring whatsoever so would not try to fit myself for fear of messing it all up and ending up with a bodge! (know my strength and weakness) does anyone know of someone / recommend someone that could undertake such a job within Surrey/Hants area's and, a bit of an ask ... anyone indicate what I'd be looking to pay for such a job!?

Cheers
Jud

Hi

Yes you will be able to retofit a comand unit into the double din space.

I am sure the boys from Comandonline.co.uk will be along to advise you further about the logistics of this.

Regards

COMAND is the name of the double din navigation system.

Retrofitting this to the W203 is very easy. However you need the correct version for your car.

If your car is a pre-facelift then you will need the pre-facelift version (although technically the facelift version could be fitted it's a much bigger job).

The COMAND system you need (I believe your car is a pre-facelift like ours) is COMAND 2.0

More information on the mercupgrades site (including pictures and differences of the versions):

COMAND - All about COMAND

Last edited:
Cheers for the info & links ....Just need to get some £ together now - buying her wiped me out ... but I think this will be the very next purchase I make (well, tyres 1st THEN ....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom