• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C350 2012 15FC00 code

merc07

Car
C350cdi & C220cdi
I had been getting more and more regens, probably every 100miles or so until the engine light eventually came on.

Checked the codes and had the following:
Soot level too high
Ash level too high
15FC00 B28/8 dpf differential pressure outside permissable range.

After resetting the error, the engine light went out and I watched the DPF % while driving. Normally it gets to 100%, starts the regen, gets to 0% then takes around 200 - 250 miles to reach 100% again.

This time it very quickly, within 5 miles went up to 300%, came back down to 100% and started a regen.

When it got to 0% it started the cycle again, it did 5 regens that day in around 180miles.

I replaced the pressure sensor, which apart from actually getting the pipes off/on its a very simple job, reset it and so far so good.
It's steadily rising, 37% after 200 miles. It even drops a little on the motorway without doing a full regen like it's supposed to - never seen that before.

I wander how long it has been failing, car is on 144k miles

Part cost just £32 for a genuine Bosch replacement.

Well, all is fixed and working back to normal, 290miles to the first regen and it completes successfully - hopefully this may help someone with the same issues.

Sorry there is no mention of Brexit, word games or ev range in the post ;)

Although I am contemplating a battery system for the house now that there is no vat

Well, all is fixed and working back to normal, 290miles to the first regen and it completes successfully - hopefully this may help someone with the same issues.

Sorry there is no mention of Brexit, word games or ev range in the post ;)

Although I am contemplating a battery system for the house now that there is no vat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom